Chapter 4: Girls Trip

"Investigating the origin of the alien bomb that destroyed the Krolotean invasion force is still high priority. Which suspect the bomb may have been smuggle to earth via boom tube. Watchtower sensor scanned in Bialya have recorded an uptick in boom tube activity. Alpha squad. Your mission is"- Night Wing was telling us over video chat while we were on our way to Bialya in Bio Ship.

"Sneak behind enemy lines, recon known boom tube hotspots and find the alien tech matching the bomb. Oh and don't get caught or create an international incident, right"? Wonder Girl asked excitedly.

"That about covers it". Night Wing entertained her excitement.

"Psimon"? Miss Martian asked.

"We have confirmation that Bialya's telepathic enforcer's still catatonic in a Quraci hospital. After his last encounter with you". Night Wing assured her. "But Bialya's dictator Queen Bee, is another story. Her ability to control the minds of men is why alpha is an all female squad for this mission". He told us.

"Bold of you to assume we're all straight". I said and Nightwing was caught a little off guard.

"And would you have felt the need to justify an all male squad for a given mission"? Batgirl asked. We all changed our gaze to glares and NW looked a little scarred.

He cleared his throat before continuing. "There's no right answer for any of that, is there"? He asked. "So Nightwing out". He said ending the call.

"Queen bee isn't the only woman who can mess with a man's mind". Bat girl told us and we laugh.

"Anything you'd like to mention Bolt"? Bee asked.

"No just the harm in assuming and seeing Nightwing squirm". I told her. After a while of desert combing we found a location with high activity.

"The other boom tube hot spots have all been busts, but"- Miss M started Analyzing.

"But this much security must be guarding some big deal alien stuff, right"? Wonder Girl asked.

"Our job is to find out". Miss M told her. "Batgirl take the north hangar I'll take the south. Bee, the middle. Bolt go down the cliff side and see if there's any entrances we missed. Wonder Girl, hold position". Miss M ordered.

"What? Why can't I go in"? She asked and I put a hand on her shoulder, I'd been there before back up, look out can be frustrating when you're powers aren't being used.

"Cause you're Wonder Girl honey. Not stealth-er girl". Bee told her.

"I can do this". Wonder Girl tried to assure us.

"No one is knocking your enthusiasm, Cass If we were in a firefight theres no one I'd rather have beside me". Batgirl told her.

"But the objective is to avoid a fight and we need a look out who has our back". I told her.

"Use the psychic link only. The Bialyans have tech to intercept our radios". Miss M explained to us. "If anything goes wrong we scatter and meet at the rendezvous point, clear"?

"Clear". We responded.

"Clear". Wonder Girl said before covering her mouth. "I mean clear"! She told us. The other three made their way into the hangars and I hung back I had to make it the furthest I had to be extra careful. "How come they let you go and not me"? She asked.

"Cass you're completely capable but you know I have the 8 years of experience to back up my ability right"? I asked her.

"I know". She sighed and I was off to the cliff side. Huge hangar door big enough to land a commercial jet. I was perched outside of it, confused by the lack of surveillance down here. I heard the alarms sounding above me. "M'gann what's up"? I asked and had no response the link was closed.