Chapter 9: Invasion Prevention

"Good they're leading us to Lagoon boy and the others". Nightwing said tracking Robin Bee and Batgirl.

"How can you be sure"? Wonder Girl asked.

"Wishful thinking". Night wing shrugged.

"And the, uh, abductee shipment at the docks? How did you know about that"? She asked.

"Aquaman came across the intel while searching for La'gaan". I told her.

"Ok". She said skeptically.

"Gee we're positive this is where they are"? I asked sarcastically while we approached the huge alien ship underwater. "Joking". I said as we sat in camo mode.

"So this is the Light's knew partner". Nightwing said. "That ship shares the same alien design sensibility as the bombs that destroyed Malina Island and Mount Justice". He confirmed.

"Kinda reminds me of Blue's armor". Wonder Girl pointed out.

"I agree. Something to keep in mind". I told Nightwing.

"Miss M, you're up". Nightwing told her and I took the helm. She gave herself gills and phased through the floor.

"Alpha Squad, I'm heading into the alien ship". Miss M announced not giving us warning about being linked. Slightly unusual. "Are you aboard"? She asked.

"Affirmative. We're in some kind of docking bay". Batgirl told her. "We have a visual on the new aliens. Aka the Kroloteans' competitor, Aka the Light's partner. And we've got new company. It's Aqualad. If he makes us, we're over". She told us.

"Stay whelmed. He won't be looking for you. Just don't attract attention". Nightwing ordered them.

"I found Gar and Bart". Miss M told us. "They're unconscious but alive. No sign of Jaime or La'gaan". She said.

"We've got eyes on Lagoon boy and ... Shimmer? Plus four civilians and all the teens we came with". Batgirl told us. "We're unsupervised now but Blue's still unaccounted for and escape could trigger response. Do we wait"? She asked.

"Negative, Alpha. Make your move before you need rescuing, too". Nightwing signaled for me to dock Bio-ship to the alien craft. "You too Miss M get our boys".

"Docking bay secured". Conner told us.

"Nice timing, handsome". Bee told him. I was completely latched on to the dock bay I immediately made my way onto the ship.

"Docking now". Nightwing announced.

"I can cover more ground flying. I'm going to help find Blue"! I said taking off right out the gate.

I made my way through the labs finding Bart and checked his head and arms. "Are you ok"? I asked and he nodded.

"Great gotta find Blue"! He said speeding off.

"Hang back". I ordered and I stopped him. "Let me help". I ordered.

"I got him I kinda have the run of the place. Go ahead to help protect the abductees". He told me and I nodded.

"Straight to the Bio Ship in the cargo bay. No pit stops". I told him before flying to find Miss M and Beast Boy.

"Murderer"! I heard her before I saw her and it was like time slowed. She was in some kind of mental lock with Kaldur. I heard Kaldur cry out.

"M'gann no"! I screamed and she fell to her knees. Kaldur looked lifeless. I rushed to him and held his face. "No please no". My hands shook holding his face pleading for him to respond. His eyes were completely glazed over. It was like I was looking at the face of the love of my life but he wasn't there . "What did you do"? I demanded. Tigress knelt beside me and I shoved her away holding Kaldur'ahm's limp body. I let out a cry it was loud, I didn't care. "What did you do"? I yelled.