Chalter 8: Yeah Kaldurs going to hear about this later...

I wish I could say I had a sixth sense for danger but I do not. A note was slipped under my door. "Brace yourself"? I looked at the door I grabbed a dagger and moved my pin from my chest to my beneath my waist band.

Someone knocked on my door I didn't get a chance to think about that I'd been working all day and was exhausted. I was completely off guard. "Hi pretty thing". Icicle Jr greeted quickly clamping a collar around my neck. He started touching my hair and I couldn't get loose.

He made me walk out to the command center. 

"Oh I'm modded aren't I"? I heard Bart ask and I saw him fly across the room. All were wearing inhibitor collars J.r had iced my hands together.

"Hey Kaldur there's something we have in common, taste in girls". Jr. Laughed continuing to touch my hair. Kaldur walked over and stroked my face.

"That doesn't mean you have good taste". He said snapping his hand away.

"Eat mud". I growled.

Blue Beetle was launching a sonic attack on the Tuppins brother and Icicle J.r. Sending him flying into a wall. Nightwing was wrestling with the new chick, Artemis in disguise.

"Stand down". Kaldur ordered. "This battle is over". Kaldur told him.

"I don't think so traitor". Blue growled prepping his sonic weapon.

"Then rethink beetle. This is the same type of bomb that obliterated Malina island. I am holding down the dead man switch if My thumb comes off this button for any reason Mount Justice falls". Blue landed in front of us surrendering himself.

"Standing down". Blue sighed getting a collar clamped around his neck.

"Wise choice". Kaldur told him.

"I'm fine by the way". Icicle J.r. told Kaldur.

"Good. Escort Beetle, Impulse and Beast boy to the flyer". He ordered.

"What about these three"? Disguised Artemis asked.

"As hostages here they have value. But Nightwing is an ordinary human and so is Bolt, relatively. Super Boy, a human-Kryptonian hybrid clone. None of the categories is of any interest to our partner". Kaldur told her.

"Aqualad, you'll regret this"! Nightwing said standing up.

Kaldur walked up and punched him in the stomach. "I believe I have out grown, the name Aqualad. As well as anything resembling regret". He said leaving. "I will leave the bomb with you, as a souvenir. Oh, and the dead man switch has a 5 mile range do not pursue". He told us before completely leaving.

"Don't hurt them"! I yelled after him.

I was not informed this part of the plan. I realized I had a Bobby pin in my hair and the Pin pinned to by underwear. I started whistling for wolf. He came in yawning and stretching per usual. If I could reach the Bobby pin I'd be able to pick the lock if I got the Pin I'd be able to electrocute the mechanism open. I wiggled my Pin free but I couldn't reach my own lock. Nightwing saw what I'd done. I passed him the pin and he jammed it into the mechanism freeing me. I then freed him and Conner who was still unconscious.

There wasn't any time to stop the bomb. "Hold on Sphere"! I grabbed up Conner and sphere turned into S-cycle. S-cycle worked fast wolf boarded and I barely had to time to throw Conner on. She charged from the cave and I had an arm over Conner trying to secure him to the cycle. We barely cleared the explosion much less the debris field. I woke up to Mal splashing me.

"S-cycle is sinking grab wolf"! He told me and I saw him holding Nightwing. I got wolf and flew over the water.

"Can you make it to shore with Nightwing"? Conner asked Mal. I made my way to shore with wolf who had barely came to.

"You're ok Wolf". I told him seeing Conner, Mal and Nightwing weren't far behind us. "What on earth just happened"? I asked with a sigh contemplating every choice I'd made so far. We regrouped at the Hall of Justice.

"Kid Flash B-0-3". The computer range out.

"What happened"? Wally asked. Dick and I sat at the table with coffee in hand.

"It was necessary". Dick assured him and I snapped my head up at him.

"It better have been. Spill". Wally ordered.

"Aqualad needed to find a way to help us rescue Lagoon Boy". Dick explained. "He'd already injected a microscopic tag into La'gaan's bloodstream and he used the raid on the Cave to pass essential intel. A flash drive with, among other things, tracking software that can locate the tag".

"As if that's all he did". I told him.

"Tomi he had to make it look good. He put inhibitor collars on us but he knew I'd get us out of them". Dick said.

"He took three more hostages. Member of your Team"! Wally snapped at him

"And we'll rescue them when we rescue Lagoon Boy"! Dick assured us.

"Dick I love Kaldur.  But, he was wrong I got us out of the collars, and he blew up the damn cave. We almost died"! I reminded him.

"No. It's all on the flash drive. He knew I'd have to pursue to make it look legit and that's exactly what happened. He gave us time to get out. We just got caught in the debris field from the explosion". He sighed getting up from his seat Wally and I followed him.

"Do you even hear yourself? What if even one of you have been left behind, huh? Why take that risk? The first one of those bombs hurt Tomika and knocked out Superman. Why go to such extreme"? Wally demanded.

"The drive explained that too". Dick told us. "He needed to cement his position with the Light and the Light's Partner".

"Isn't that why he 'murdered' Artemis"? Wally asked.

"I guess it didn't convince everyone". Dick sighed.

"You guess"? I scoffed.

"The Cave is... Was just a place. Worth sacrificing if it helps us stop the invasion. Look, I'm sorry you lost all your souvenirs and a few photos". Dick scoffed.

"Are you serious"? Wally asked shoving him and I held Wally back. "I don't care about that junk. I'm worried about Artemis, terrified for her". He said and I slowly let him go. "You've put her right into his hands".

"Wally we're still talking about Kaldur here". I reminded him. "I'm pissed about the cave too, but Kaldur has made it clear he's done everything possible to avoid hurting us". I told him.

"I know, Kaldur, our friend who in the space of a few months lost someone he loved and found out black manta was his father. Isn't it remotely possible aqualad might actually be a traitor? A triple agent"? Wally asked. "And he's supposed to be playing them, but are you absolutely sure he's not been playing you"?

"Not possible". I told him. I opened the Zeta and went to the port near Zatanna's she was letting me stay the night. I had a key from previous plant watering. I hit the couch she had made up. She came out of her bedroom and sat on the couch trying to comfort me. I cried myself to sleep.