Chapter 3: Intervention

"Are you sure you're up for it? He's in pretty rough shape". Dick told me while we were on our way to have an intervention for Roy.

"Yes for the hundredth time. Stop treating me like I'm delicate I was Bolt when you were in middle school". I told him.

"You were also in middle school but point taken". Dick sighed. "You're ready to play all of your cards"? He asked.

"Yes". I told him and we drove in silence for a while. "Are we secure"? He nodded. "Has Kaldur contacted you lately"? I asked.

"Not in person in our usual info drops. You know he can't risk anything being intercepted there hasn't been anything of a personal nature. I would tell you". Dick told me.

"I know. Is there any chance the next time you're meeting in person I can... tag along? He knows I'm back on the team he has to have questions or-". Dick cut me off.

"Tomika. You have missed a lot recently we are still squaring you in on all the founding member information you're parlay to. You will see Kaldur. I can't say when because I don't know. But I will need your help for the next phase of our plan". He told me and I nodded.

We waited for Roy on a roof top we met Wally, Jim Harper, Oliver Queen and Diana there. Roy zip lined in and couldn't make the landing. He sprawled out at Green Arrow's feet. "Hey, Roy, need a hand"?

"We think you do". Night Wing told him. Roy stood we emerged from the shadows.

"I have nothing to say to any of you. Nothing to explain, nothing to justify". Roy told us turning to leave. Green Arrow grabbed the stack of money from his back pocket.

"Nothing"? Green asked.

"It's not what it looks like". Roy stammered. "I mean that store owner won't miss it. He offered me a reward anyway. Besides, I deserve it". He said sounding like a completely different person. "Guy wouldn't have any of his money back if I hadn't stepped in". Roy told us.

"Dude are you even listening to yourself"? Wally asked.

"Look, I need it. I need it to find Speedy the real Roy Harper. A search like that is expensive. Especially when the rest of you have all given up". Roy chastised us.

"Roy, I know you feel lost. But that doesn't mean you're alone". Diana told him.

"I'm not the one that's lost". Roy told her.

"When was the last time you trained? The last time you slept"? I asked him.

"Don't even start. I'm in the best shape of my life". He told me.

"Oh really"? Diana asked launching an attack on him. He made it to the edge unable to defend himself until he nearly fell off it. "Best shape of your life? That was me holding back, way back. Roy you used to treat your body like a temple, but now"... Diana trailed off as we watched him haphazardly collect arrows.

"My body's no temple it's a cheap knock off, a clone". He told her.

"Roy, come back to Star City. It'll be like old times. You and me, training, fighting crime, you and I hanging out shooting the-". Green Arrow tried to convince him.

"You're confused. Probably thinking of the other guy. The original, the one you stopped looking for. Me, I'm just-". Roy's rant was cut off by Jim.

"We get it you're a clone. But you're not the only clone on this rooftop". Jim reminded him. "And I know from personal experience how tough it was to come to grips with being a copy of someone else. That's why I gave up my identity as guardian so that I can figure out exactly who Jim Harper is supposed to be". Jim explained to him.

"That's not the only thing you gave up". Roy scoffed.

"Roy, you know we both spent years looking for the original speedy and everyone else here did the same. We never found him because the Light didn't keep him alive. It was Cadmus policy to delete the source material. He's dead, brother, which is all the more reason you have to live. To honor the Roy that was". Roy grimaced at the thought we did the math, I was the only one who really even got to know the first Roy but I came to be friends with the Roy that stood before us.

Roy sat back on an AC unit. "I'm whelmed by all this attention". He told us. "What are you even doing here West, Tomika? I thought you both ditched the hero game".

"Ditching the game doesn't mean ditching our friends and before you round back to the original Roy again let's face the facts. He was never our friend". Wally told him.

"We've done the math Speedy was abducted before anyone but I met him, much less became friends with him". I told him kneeling in front of him. "You are our friend". I took his hands in mine.

"You're the guy we trained beside, fought beside. You're the only you we know". Wally told him.

"You're our friend. Just 'cause you're a clone with anger management issues does change that". NW assured him.

"Seriously, have you met Super Boy"? Wally asked.

"All done"? Roy asked pulling his hands away from me. "You wanna salvage someone's soul go get Kaldur to see the Light. From what I hear, he needs course correcting but leave me out. Write me off. Or don't. Either way, blow". Roy shrugged us off entirely.

"al diavolo tutto"! I swore and we cleared off the roof. On the ground I hugged Wally telling him to say hi to Artemis for me and we all went home. The ride back took painstakingly long. "That can't be it"? I sighed in defeat.

"For now, it is". Dick sighed.

"I could have searched more". I sighed.

"Tomi. You of all people were so busy with your family. You over exerted yourself enough with Antonia adding the Roy search and school and our other team duties. Something had to give". Dick said. "You finally have a life that is no one's but yours and it's Valentine's Day. I love you you need to remember the weight of the world is not always on your shoulders". He said grabbing my hand while he drove. "Well not yours alone".

"Love you too Dick and I will try but first things first. Od yawa htiw eht emustoc trade for the lausu". I casted and we were changed into our street wear. "Don't worry the costumes make it back to where ever you store it I have checked". I told him and he chuckled. "Drop me off and go surprise Barbra. A teuquob rof reh". I casted flowers into my hands and he pulled over. I got out and handed him the flowers.

"Thanks Tomi get home safe". He told me handing me a singular flower.