Chapter 10: The term Cornered Animal, really didn't register did it?

"Tomika, breakfast"! Felix yelled knocking on the door. I got up and immediately saw the mirror next to the bed. I looked... interesting. Curly hair was worse for wear. I got changed into a thermal shirt and sweatpants borrowed from Uncle Xavier. I went across the hall to the bathroom and leaned against the sink.

"Bambina, you've been asleep a while I think you need to get out here". Xavier said knocking on the door. I checked my phone, April 1st how ironic. I hope this whole thing would turn out to be a joke. I splashed water on my face before leaving the bathroom and heading to the living room. Felix had the news qued up.

"Your hostile alien peoples? Yeah just brought a whole new meaning to the term illegal alien". Felix told me and hit play. Sure enough the Reach made themselves known to the world.

"Can you just turn it off? Please"? I asked and Felix did.

"So what's the game plan kid? You go double agent now too"? Uncle Xavier asked and it really gave me an idea. "I was joking è una pessima idea you know I was joking". He told me and I stood up to call Nightwing. Xavier took the phone from me. I tried to grab it back but Felix grabbed me. It occurred to me the pin was still on my nightstand. "Hi Nightwing, she's well I'm just calling to tell you about her treatment plan". He said running around the couch playing keep away. I hurdled the couch and Felix tackled me to the ground and I could bench press him off, nearly. "Oh that's nothing oi! Felix get that fly! Anyway she ruptured her ear drum give her a few days and she'll be fine. What she needs is rest and recuperation. Felix and I will keep an eye on her and the pin. Yes I'll tell her. You too Boy meraviglia. Don't worry about how I know that, ciao". He said ending the call and Felix flew off me. "If I get your pin you won't try to kill us right"? He asked.

"No I won't try to kill you". I told him. "If I try I'll succeed". I jeered and Felix recoiled.

"lo siento cariño". Felix said helping me up. There was a knock at the door and Felix opened it. "Bagels? From New York? Did you get the Lebanese cream cheese? It's Tomi's favorite". Felix said passing by me with the bagels and not letting Michael in. More specifically slamming the screen door on him. I let him in and he hugged me. His Familiar pressed into my hand beside him.

"He's right it is my favorite". I chuckled being squeezed.

"It's in there". He cracked a smile he then went to follow Felix swinging his cane at him.

"Stop going to famous bakeries when you're number 8 on Americas most wanted". Xavier chastised him passing me the pin.

"Can I know what you did"? I asked.

"Borrowed the Mona Lisa. I put it back". Michael shrugged. "I used to be 7 then that one guy killed a bunch of people and went off world. I mean he got probed but, I'm still on the planet you know"?

"That's better than tried to make the pyramids disappear". I shrugged sarcastically thinking he was joking.

"No that's what he did". Xavier told me. "He was doing a magic act in Paris and made a portal to borrow the Mona Lisa pulled it out of his coat and didn't wear gloves, but he was already in Interpol's database since he was in their top ten most wanted already".

"That's why I'm wanted in Paris not in America". Michael clarified. "I'm wanted in America for checking the Declaration of Independence for a treasure map". He told me. "There isn't one". He shrugged. "This was all when I thought I had 10 years at the most left to live". He justified. "Hey it's 12 pm do you have any lunch meat I'll make bagel sandwiches". He said going to the fridge as if that was all a good explanation.

"I'm going back to bed". I sighed leaving my stool. "Save me a bagel"! I called back to them.

"Eat her Bagel and I send you to the top of Mt. Everest". Michael threatened.