Realizations

The Red Keep, King's Landing

54 AC

Celaena once more evaded yet another suitor. She had been firm with the fact she would pay attention to no suitors or betrothals until she was sixteen.

That didn't deter them.

Lordlings who found themselves charming she found loutish. All the courtiers eyed her as if she was a pawn to move around, a broodmare to bring dragons into their line.

But she had a dragon. And because of that, Jaehaerys was very careful when it came to finding her a proper husband while not giving the ability of dragon riders into a random house.

"Princess." a voice greeted and she turned to see Lady Amalia Tully. The sixteen year old Tully maiden was beautiful in a blue dress that compliment her eyes that hugged her figure and curves...

Celaena blinked. "Lady Tully."

"Please, just Amalia." the sixteen year old said. "My brother Grover would love to talk to you..."

"I promised my sister I would look after Daenerys." Celaena lied, hurrying away.

Celaena instead rushed to her rooms, changing into riding clothes. Riding cloths varied on the rider, and while Celaena wore pants and shirts when she rode Abraxas she did wear skirts that bore long slits on both sides, or a dress of similar design.

She threw on black pants and a white shirt with a long red skirt that bore slits, tying her boots and then left. She made for the stables, riding to the Dragonpit and mounting Abraxas.

Once she was in the sky, she began to think.

Did she prefer women? She had always found them prettier than men, and didn't not see the appeal other court ladies found in men.

Celaena shook her head. Rhaena, she knew, preferred women.

She could consult her older sister for advice.

That is today's chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it.