𝟙𝟡⏐the man with two faces

Start from the beginning

"Thank you sir; I had read that," Cordelia says shyly, playing with the end of her hair. "It made me study harder; since Hagrid said he wasn't gone." She adds before she shudders slightly, remembering the rebirthing ceremony. James, thinking she was cold; pulls the blankets tighter.

Quirrell moved... the Stone.

"How?" Sirius asks but no one answers; all on edge about what was about to happen to Cordelia.

"Well?" said .... Dare she make a break for it?

"YES!" A majority of the hall yells, not wanting Cordelia in any danger.

"Please get out of there little flower, you need to be safe," Lily says, clutching her daughter's hand.

"It will be okay Mummy," Cordelia says, kissing her mother's cheek nervously before settling back into James' lap. "Daddy are you okay?" Cordelia asks, glancing at him.

"I'll be okay fawn," James says a glare aimed at the Headmaster. After Voldemort was dealt with, he was going after Albus Dumbledore.

How could his innocent baby girl end up in a situation like this? She was supposed to be having fun, playing quidditch, studying as much magic as possible; on holidays with the family, and instead, she was fighting trolls, dealing with dragons, and now possibly the darkest lord in history.

He was going to definitely be having a long conversation with him, and he was afraid of what his wife would do to Dumbledore.

But she.. . for this. . . .

"You don't mean that attached to Quirrell is.." Fred trails off, glancing at his second youngest sister with wide eyes and a pale face.

"Get the hell out of there Cordelia Lily!" George adds, gripping his twin's hand. Cordelia slightly pales, remembering what happened next.

"Wait, you guys threw snowballs at the back of his turban!" Ginny points out looking pale, especially at the fact that it was the same man who forced her to do his bidding. The Weasleys as a whole looked disturbed by that information; especially since it was the third Weasley to defy him during the second war. The twins went pale at that but tried brushing it off.

Cordelia felt...l ike a snake.

"Oh my.." Andromeda gasps out, glancing at her niece before turning toward Dumbledore with a glare.

"No... No, he can't be." Fudge says in denial, going completely pale as he tries to close the book. Cordelia glares at the man and isn't surprised when Madam Bones jumps up.

"Finish the chapter Minister," She says sternly, looking every bit like how she did in Dumbledore's Pensieve and how Sirius had recollected her since they were in the process of sending her Sirius' memories. Fudge, seeing how serious she was; picks it back up.

"Cordelia Potter . . . They died begging me for mercy. . . ."

"That's a lie!" James says, hugging his daughter close. "I would never beg for mercy; protecting you is all I could do," James says, kissing her forehead.

"I knew it was a lie; I remember that night," Cordelia says with a frown and Remus shudders remembering exactly how they discovered that.

LIAR!" Cordelia.. "NEVER!"

"I would die a thousand times to protect you, love," Lily says into her daughter's ear as they hug. Cordelia was shaking at the memory, the anger she felt; the fear for her friends and the wizarding world.

"You can't leave me again Mummy and Daddy," Cordelia says quietly, showing how scared she was that they would leave. Lily coos at her and starts to reassure her, but it wasn't working.