𝟙𝟡⏐the man with two faces

Start from the beginning

"You're...of Erised. Hadn't that mirror given her enough trouble?

Lily, quickly puzzling why the mirror was in there and why Cordelia had seen it in the first place, glares at the Headmaster intensely. The sky in the Great Hall started to darken making Cordelia look confused; normally she was setting off the sky but with one glance to her mother knew who it was.

"Daddy, Mummy is angry," Cordelia whispers to her father who glances at Lily; eyes widening. He grips Lily's hand and starts soothing her, whispering reassurances and giving her Cordelia's other hand so she can see she's okay.

"Lily, what brought that on?" James asks confusedly, Lily normally had such great control, especially around Cordelia because she never wanted to scare her. Lily shakes her head, signifying they'd be talking in private later and James nodded, seeing the people starting to look at them.

"This mirror.. blurted out.

"Good job Heiress Potter-Black, distraction is a great idea." Auror Shackbolt says to the young lady who nods in response with a smile.

"Thank you Auror Shackbolt sir." She responds politely while inwardly praying that her family doesn't freak the hell out.

"Yes," said...never wanted you dead. "

"That bastard exploited my feelings," Severus says with a growl, glancing at the young girl apologetically; eyes softening when he sees her cuddled into her father's chest. Severus was tempted to use Necromancy to bring him back and torture him.

"Now love, don't dwell on the past," Regulus says with a frown, knowing where his thoughts were turning toward. "We have a bright future ahead." Regulus says glancing at Cordelia with a small smile.

"That is true," Severus responds.

"But I ... gasped.

The rooms went silent. Everyone was in complete shock; Voldemort was in school, at Hogwarts? Cordelia stilled in her father's lap; she wasn't scared of Tom Riddle; not in the slightest bit of losing her friends and family; it was a boggart-worthy fear.

"HE'S NOT BACK! STOP WITH THE LIES!" Fudge explodes again but immediately stops when wands are pointed at him; especially since Madam Bones was the first one to do so.

"If you keep reading Minister, I'm sure you'll be corrected," Cordelia says calmly, eyes flickering with a faint glow, magic flowing off of her that makes people shudder. The Minister's eyes widened and he hastily picked the book up. Cordelia drew her magic in when her father started rubbing her back.

"He is ...what I'm up to ?

"Good job puppy!" Sirius says anxiously, gripping Remus's hand as tight as he could. Blaise glances at the girl impressed and his eyes soften when he sees her cuddled up with her parents, looking utterly adorable.

She tried... Use the girl . . ."

"No! Do It your damn self bastard!" Arthur Weasley yells, making Cordelia blush at how much they all cared.

"Who's voice is that?" James demands although he already knows the answer. Cordelia shakes her head, snuggling closer and relishing in the comfort of her parents.

Quirrell....that's all. Occlumency shields up Cordelia, don't allow anyone into your mind.

"Good job Miss Potter-Black, keep your mind as closed as possible if that's who I think it is; he is a master Legimins." Professor Snape says with a frown, surprised the girl was so far enough in Occlumency as a first year.