Part 40

At Evening ... Farmhouse

Divya was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall of her room. Her eyes are full of tears and puffy eyes telling how long she has been crying. Humans cry only when it becomes difficult to handle the pain of the heart. Same happened with Divya, her tears experiencing how much pain she is feeling right now.

Her tears were flowing one by one but without blinking her eyes she is looking at the photo which is in her hands.

Divya : I never thought that we would meet like this after so many years, when you don't even recognize me, ASR .. ( she said looking at Arnav's photo )

Just then the door knocked, Divya wiped her tears and opened the door, The servant standing in front was shocked to see Divya's face but did not say anything.

Servant : ma'am Mr. mathur has come to meet you ...

Divya : ok, you make him sit, I'm just coming ... ( The servant nodded and left)

--------------------------------------------------------

After cleaning her face she comes downstairs. Aman stood up seeing her and smiled at her whereas Divya sat on the couch with a blank expression.

Aman (Concerned) : are you okay, Divya ?? ( He asked, sitting beside her )

Divya (smiled sadly) : what would have happened to me ?

Aman : Divya, fool someone else but not me. i know you very well.

That's it, The tears that Divya had tried to control after seeing Aman flowed out of her eyes.

Divya : does it matter now ?? (wipes her tears) he is married now, I don't stand anywhere in his life now Actually didn't even before right ?? ( She chuckled painfully) Otherwise I would have got the right to call him by his first name and not like outsiders who call him ASR, Neither I was anything for him before nor am I now.

Seeing her broken look Aman feeling really bad for her, he hugged her, trying to comfort her.

Aman : shhh, don't cry, This is what I was afraid of, Divya. I had already told you that you will get nothing but pain in the path on which you are going But that time you didn't listen to me.

Divya lagh sadly and said : yes, You were always right Aman, one sided love is always very painful. It's just that I took a long time to understand this and like a fool I kept waiting that maybe one day he too will feel pity for my love and make me his own.

Aman : Love cannot be done by feeling pity on someone and you also know this .. (he sighed) I wish I had stopped you from expressing your love to Arnav that day then perhaps you would not have been in this condition today .. (paused) .. am really sorry Divya, because of me you have to face this pain. If I had it any other way, I would never have called you here.

Divya : No, Aman .. it's not your fault, don't say sorry please. What had to happen has happened now there is no point in discussing this any further .. (she wiped her tears and took a deep breath) .. now I have to face the truth and cope up with reality. (Paused) i would be lieng if I deny my heart didn't cry out seeing Khushi with ASR but here none was at fault but the destiny .. (she gulped) might be we are not mean to be together.

Aman : you are a very strong woman, if anyone would be at your place she would have broken down but you're not putting your pain ahead of the situation ( she smiled weakly gulping her pain )

Divya : if I concentrate on my grief then how could I treat ASR, uhh !! ( Sighed) now tell me everything, I want to know what happened with ASR ?? Tell me Aman ??

Aman looked at her for a second then he narrated everything to he, about Payal, accident, Arnav's kalsarp yog, Khushi's maching Kundali, Arnav and khushi's marriage and about Dr. Sharma.

Divya (angrily) : How can he do this being a doctor ?? ridiculous. he should be punished for this sin ..

Aman (coldly) : don't worry, he will get his punishment soon but first we need to make Arnav's stability back then we will think what to do.

Divya held his hand and said : I promising you Aman, I will bring the old ASR back (Aman smiled) and here the medicines (she forwarded him medicines) give him for two days then we will start the next process..

After a few more talks Aman left from there. As soon as Aman left, Divya came running to her room. Opening the door Divya threw herself on the bed. She cried badly hugging Arnav's photo close to her heart.

Divya (in tears) : I love you (pause) a lot .. (sobs) .. but now you can never be mine, you belong to someone else (pause) i lost you forever, ASR .. ( tears were just rolling down her cheeks )

Divya now understands that If we don't get love from the one we love, then it hurts, but that pain increases when our love becomes someone else's. One sided love is always full of pain, sometimes this pain is a little sweet and sometimes it is so painful that it becomes difficult to bear. Similarly happened with Divya.

She meets Arnav when some boys were misbehaving with her and Arnav saved her from those people. She was very grateful to Arnav for saving her honour. For many days she was restless, she wanted to meet him, wanted to thank him but she doesn't know about him and After a week she comes to know that Arnav is studying in the same college where she studies, She was very happy knowing this. Slowly she came to know about Arnav that he was very quiet, he did not like to talk much to anyone. Many times Divya tried to talk to him but he did not give her much response, he did not talk to anyone except Aman. This made Divya feel bad but she did not stop trying. In all this, she and Aman became very good friends, she always stayed with Aman, due to which she was able to stay close to Arnav. Slowly her admiration for Arnav turned into love. But she knew that Arnav doesn't love her because he doesn't even talk to her, so falling in love was far away.

Divya laughed painfully remembering those days " Taking my name is far away, you have never even looked at me properly and the day you called me by my name my heart broke on the same day. I still remember your words when I confessed my love to you "

Flashback .. 7 years ago

Arnav was standing on college terrace and Divya eagerly waits in front of Arnav to hear his reply after professing love.

Arnav : Divya .... ( Divya smiled in happiness hearing her name for the first time from him but her smile vanished while hearing his next words ) I don't have any feelings for you ..

Tears roll down from her eyes " bu..t why?? " She asked difficultly.

Arnav : I don't believe in love nor does it matter in my life. You are nothing more than Aman's friend to me and can never be .. so don't waste your time and mine ( He said in a cold tone)

As soon as he said this, Arnav turned away and as he was about to leave, Divya came in front of him with tears in her eyes but It was not making any difference to Arnav, he was standing there without any expressions.

Divya : Don't break my heart like this ASR, I really love you very much. just give me one chance, I know that one day you will also fall in Lov .... ( He cut her in raising his hand up )

Arnav : mere andhere ko jhelane ki himmat tumhare andar nahin hai, tootne se pehle hi, Sambhal jao .. ( saying this he left leaving a broken divya behind )

Flashback end

After that day Arnav totally ignored Divya, whenever she comes in front of him he leaves from there. It really broke her more but still a hope left in her may be one day he will love her. After college, Arnav moved to London to pursue his fashion career and Dwiya moved to the US. In the US, Divya tried to talk to Arnav, but it never happened, only Aman the one who talked to her sometimes.

.

To be continued