Chapter 5

The voice conveyed in his consciousness was very light, like it was talking in its sleep.

The spiritual link continued but the owner of the voice no longer spoke.

His ears still instinctively captured all the sounds in his environment but the sounds that made Alves irritable and impatient seemed to disappear. All he could hear was the shallow breathing in his consciousness.

This wasn't the first time Alves had heard the sound. Like the other Zerg, he received the brief spiritual link two days ago.

At that time, he was in the middle of battle and in a high combat state.

Unlike the other Zerg, Alves didn't feel any subservience because of this spiritual link.

Perhaps it was due to being an alpha-class Zerg or because he was a different type from the rest of the Zerg, but he was only irritated by this spiritual link.

He didn't understand why but this irritability was so sharp that he almost wanted to give up his sanity.

Now, the second time he heard the voice, he was appeased.

It was hard to understand the difference between the two times but the sound of breathing now caused Alves to subconsciously shake his silver tail. The terribly cold pressure around him was reduced to an ordinary indifference.

This meaning was clear.

Alger, who had been hiding a few metres away, soon found the difference and ran over.

"Leader, where are we going next?" Alger suppressed the wavering in his heart and looked at the silver-haired Zerg in front of him.

Alves' expression was cold and he didn't immediately answer. At his silence, Alger added, "There is something to report to you. Some of our soldiers left alone but this subordinate didn't stop them..."

He was unable to stop them.

In Alger's heart, he might not be able to leave to find the king but he hoped the other Zerg would find him.

He wanted the precious thing he hadn't seen to be protected. Therefore, Alger didn't try to control the Zerg who should've been considered as traitors.

His restraint had already been shaken to the limits. It wasn't just Alger. The Zerg soldiers watched their colleagues leave and were influenced by the same selfish desire. Therefore, they didn't see this as a betrayal.

Even one person was fine. If one person could quickly find the king and protect him...

"Why didn't you and the others leave? Nothing was said about betrayal." Alves asked in an expressionless manner.

"If you want to leave, Yula should go with you." Alves' tone was cold, which was why it was so difficult to discern emotions.

Yula referred to the Zerg's biological warships.

Like the Tak, the Yula were an ethnic group that specialized in providing transportation, air combat and other assistance to the Zerg.

In stark contrast to the warships of the other races, the Zerg ship had a consciousness. In the eyes of other races, they were a monster that could transform at will.

"Don't think that we can betray you so easily... we can't search without you giving an order." Alger stated. "However, I don't know what the Yula is thinking. The worst result is the Yula leaving us without warning."

It was really possible. If a self-conscious warship wanted to leave then it could make a space leap and leave the current planet. The Zerg couldn't go into space on their own.