35 - Tug-O-Feelings

Start from the beginning

She had barely gotten his name out of her mouth when he closed his eyes as he leaned down to wrap his hand around the side of her neck, pushing her lips up, as he leaned down, crushing his lips against hers, capturing her mouth in a searingly passionate kiss.

Akshara wrapped both her hands around his neck, resting on the nape of his neck as she went up on her toes, kissing him back. Abhimanyu's tongue pushed against her teeth, leaving Akshara uncertain as she opened her mouth giving him access as their tongues collided.

Akshara moaned as she pushed herself closer to Abhimanyu who brushed his thumb on the nape of her neck, making Akshara shiver with desire.

With a jolt, Abhimanyu pushed Akshara away from him, breaking the kiss, leaving Akshara confused and speechless. He opened his eyes and ran his hand over his face.

"I am so sorry. I did not mean for that to happen. That should not have happened." Abhimanyu explained more to himself than to her.

Hurt flickered in Akshara's eyes at Abhimanyu's apology. "It's okay."

"It was a mistake. Sorry." Abhimanyu apologized, avoiding Akshara's gaze.

Her first kiss. And he was calling it a mistake. "Uh uh. It was a mistake." She tried to not let her voice break.

"I think...I should..."

"Yes. Uh huh. Me too. Change. I'm going to go change." Akshara whispered, awkwardly.

"And I'm going to go get a drink of water." Abhimanyu turned on his heel and walked out of the room.

Akshara clutched her chest, taking in deep calming breaths. A mistake. Her first kiss had been a mistake. Akshara felt a deep rooted anger towards Abhimanyu. The apology —she could accept because they'd both gotten carried away. But a mistake? No. She didn't appreciate her first ever kiss being called a mistake.

Akshara stomped over to the closet, took out her pajamas and went to the bathroom to change. She was not going to talk to Abhimanyu Birla. Not until he got his head out of his ass.

~*~

Abhimanyu came back into the room just in time to see Akshara already settled in bed with the blanket pulled up to her chin. He expected her to say something, anything, but instead, she turned off the lamp on her side of the bed and closed her eyes.

Abhimanyu quickly brushed his teeth, changed, and settled into his side of the bed, looking over at Akshara. Should he say something? Talk to her? He wanted her to say something. Talk to him. She had been quiet ever since their kiss. And he didn't like it. At all. The silence that is.

Abhimanyu tossed and turned on his side of the bed, unable to get over the kiss or be able to fall asleep knowing there was a possibility that Akshara may be mad at him.

"Go to sleep!" Akshara exclaimed, feeling antsy.

"I'm trying!"

"Try harder!" She covered her entire face with the blanket, wanting some space from Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu turned to face Akshara, suddenly feeling a sense of annoyance. He then picked up the remote to the air conditioner and turned it up on full blast, letting the cool air cut through the heated tension in the room.

~*~

A few hours later, a freezing Akshara grumpily pulled the blanket covers to her side and clutched them against her chest with full force, leaving Abhimanyu's legs naked to the chill of the air conditioning. How dare he call their kiss a mistake? How dare he apologize for it?

Abhimanyu turned his head to the side to see Akshara's entire body was wrapped up in the blanket and covering herself from head to toe to escape the cold temperature of the room.