Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons

Start from the beginning

‐---------------

I was sitting at the table playing solitaire with a deck of cards I'd found while Mabel was writing a letter to her oarents letting her know of the latest news in the Pines Family. Like how there is a whole new person in it now.

"Girls! You'll never guess what I found at the store today!" Dipper's voice was enough to drag me out of the game I'd been playing with myself. I was losing anyways.

"Dogs! Dogs with hats!" Mabel tried to guess as I looked at the box in his hands.

"Board game?" I asked as well as he put the box in front of us on the table.

"No, it's my favorite fantasy-talking, level-counting, statistics and graph paper-involving game of all time: Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons! You wanna play it with me?" He asked enthusiastically as I started at the weird box.

My face immediately shrinked into a grimace. "Uhhh" Currently I was trying to find the kindest way of calling him a nerd.

However Mabel seemed pretty on board with it. "Well, I do like unicorns, and that hot elf looks promising. How do you play?"

"The rules are simple." Dipper pulled out the rule book that was as think as my wrist. Jesus... "First, you roll a 38-sided die to determine the level of each player's statistical analysis power orb. These orbs relate directly to the amount of quadrants that your team has dominion over, which is inverse to the anti-quadrants in your quadrant satchel."

I started zoning out midway through that sentence.

"And then we ride unicorns?" Mabel asked Dipper who made a weird face.

"Well... not exactly... First, we make a graph!" He exclaimed as I groaned, my head falling down hitting the table.

"Pines this is just Homework: The Game. I don't want to do graphs" i mumbled just loud enough for him to hear me, even though my voice was pretty muffled from the table.

"Come on, Emma, Mabel, I need at least two people to play. At least one of you!" He pleaded but Mabel left.

"You have Emma and I have other stuff!" Mabel made an excuse leaving me behind.

"Fake friend!" I called out behind her but she was already out the room and couldn't hear me. My gaze shifted from the door to Dipper who had those big pleading eyes that I couldn't resist.

"Ughhh" i groanded standing up from the table. "Fineeee"

"Yes! Thank you!" And with that I was hugged. I wasn't really expecting it so my face heated up the moment my brain recognized the sign of affection.

What felt like hours of Dipper explaing the rules to me was in fact inly 30 minutes. I didn't know how long I could last here.

"So that's pretty much you got it right?" He asked as I nodded not having the strength to even reply.

"Great! I'm just gonna go get water I'l be right back!"

Yea pretty normal he'd need water after all that talking. I just layed back waiting for him to return.

As I waited I heard footsteps. "Oh you're back-" i got cut off realising it wasn't Dipper walking in but Ford and his weird alien again.

"Emma quick. Corner it so I can neutralize it!" Ford stated as I sighed and took a pillow backing the hybrid into the corner where Ford shot it with something and made it fall asleep. Or maybe it's dead who knows.

"At least it wont go running around again!" Ford laughed as I nodded.

"Cool." I mumbled to tired to think right now. My brainw as still process all those rules I needed to apply after Dipper came back.