🐑 - [Rewrite] - The Parrot & The Owl

"Well, I Think We Can Let Scott Go Then. I Mean- He Honestly Doesn't Even Know What's Going On."

It Was During The Imprisonment Of Gem & Scott By Joey & Sausage, Joey Having Just Commented About Scott's Apparent Lack Of Knowledge When It Comes To What His Brother Has Been Doing. Scott, Of Course, Would Usually Say 'I Will Banish Him However'. However This Scott Has An Extra Half-Braincell To His Name So He Remains Quiet.

"Sure! I Guess My Theory Was Wrong When I Said You Were Against Your Own Brother. Sorry About That!" Sausage Stated & Apologized With, Unlocking The Door To Scott's Cell & Handing Him Off To Joey. "You Lead Him Outside, I'll Stay Here To Keep An Eye On Miss 'Grand Wizard Of The Crystal Cliffs'."

Scott & Joey Both Nodded, Making Their Way Out Of The Basement After Scott Retrieved His Belongings. Joey Still Had Something To Ask However. "Is It Alright If I Take You To My Empire Instead? We Had Also Captured You Because Xornoth Wanted To Have A Conversation And That Would Be An Okay Middle Ground To Do So."

"I'm Fine With That... But I Have A Feeling That's Not Why You're Asking That."

. . .

Their Trip To The Lost Empire Was Completed In Total Silence, Only Breaking Once They Got Towards A Personal Lounge Joey Had All For Himself Within The Water Temple. "So..." Scott Began, Sitting Down. "Are You Going To Tell Me The Other Reason You Brought Me Here Instead Of Rivendell, Parrot?" This Brought A Quick Chirp Of Suprise From Joey Before He Reluctantly Sat Down, Knowing He'd Been Caught.

"Heh, Was I That Obvious?" He Asked With An Awkward Smile (A Rare Look For The Ruler), Taking A Quick Second To Stretch His Wings.

Scott Replied Simply With, "Mhm, Worry Not, I Have No Doubts You'd Be Great At Preening Wings Seeing As You Have A Pair Of Your Own." What Was Scott On About? Simple! Joey Spent His Beginning Moments Alone With Scott Staring At His Slightly Disheveled Wings, Causing A Sort Of Influence Instincts Which Made Him Want To Fix Them.

And So, At This Consent, Joey Grabbed The Wing Closest To Him And Began Gently Brushing Through The Feathers With His Own Hands, Making Sure To Straighten Each & Every One And Plucking Out One Or Two If Needed. This Gave Scott A Rather Relaxing Feeling He Honestly Deserves After The Events Of Earlier. So Scott Leaned Into The Other Ruler's Side, Blissfully Unfocused On The World Around Him.

The Two Would Remain Together In Almost Complete Silence For Quite Awhile, The Silence Only Interrupted By The Occasional Chirp, Hoot, Giggle, Or Hum. By This Time Scott Had Turned Over And Layed His Head On The Other's Thigh So It Would Be Easier To Reach His Other Wing And Joey Had Almost Completely Given Into His Instincts.

This Would Also Be What 'The Wolf Spirit' Would Wander In On, Being There To Cause A Simple Mushroom Prank. There Was No Clear Way For Her To Tell Whether Or Not Something Else Was Up But She Could Bait A Reaction By Stepping Into The Room. The Reaction She Got? A Loud Squawk From The Parrot Hybrid. Danger?? Danger!!

This Gave Her All The Information She Needed, However She Did Not Leave. Instead Opting To Walk Further Into The Room Dispite Joey's Clear (And Loud) Protests. They Only Came To A Halt When She Put A Hand On His Head. "Calm Yourself, I Won't Hurt Either Of You. You Aren't Doing Anything Wrong."

And To Her Words, The Protests Stopped, Even Getting Joey To Lean Into Her Hand... Although This Got Some Quiet Protests From Scott Whom Wanted More Attention. This Brought A Quick Giggle From Her As She Exited The Room To Continue Her Mushroom Planting, Leaving The Two Alone Again.

The Two Returned To The Normal They Had Before Just A Few Minutes Later, Eventually Joey Giving A Loud-ish Chirp Of Pride Once He Was Done With Both. Scott Replied By Changing Their Positions So They Could Both Lay Down With Scott Own Body & His Newly Preened Wings Serving As A Blanket For Joey (Although He Brought A Blanket Onto Himself As Well & Joey By Proxy).

So Here We Have A Parrot & An Owl, Happily Snuggling On A Couch. Both Blissfully Unfocused On The World Around Them.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thank You For Reading!
Word Count: 738