"Just..." Her gaze darted all around, but it never met mine.

"For reading... For a group project! And I couldn't help but admire his handsome face. For a nerd, he's a good score as a guy. And he's waaaay better than Josh, am I right?"

I gritted my teeth in anger. I couldn't stand her simping over my boyfriend like that, especially since he was mine!
And the fact that she was rubbing my break-up all over my face was so immature.

"And he's definitely my type... Infact! I think I'm his type too. I have long straight hair, I'm super smart like him, I'm rich, and pretty and talented... No offense Angel, but those are traits that you'll never have"

I didn't want to ask if that was an insult. It sure sounded like one and I clenched my jaw in anger.

"You know? I'm pretty sure he's taken"

Richie's eyes widened at my words.
"Lenard? Taken? That would be a miracle. He hardly ever speaks to anyone unless it's necessary. He even hates all form of physical contact. I'm glad he's started warming up to me" she noted with pride on her face.

Tch.

"Lately he's been talking with Oliver and Fifi a whole lot... Do you think they'd know something about their relationship?"

I just shrugged and stood up sharply, carrying my empty tray with me

"Or maybe you know something. I don't like to admit it, but Samuel is getting closer to you" she blurted.

I'm his girlfriend, dumbass.

"I don't get it. I clearly said that he doesn't like weird annoying goofballs like you... I told you to stay away from Him... How did you two suddenly become closer all of a sudden?"

My eyebrow twitched in rage.

"Coincidences. What can I say? He likes to talk about books, so I tend to ask him questions about studies" I replied gruffly.

Her eyes gleamed "Oh! He likes to talk about books! Yeah, I knew that! He couldn't stop talking about it all day, yesterday. He just kept going on and on about chemistry, you know? I think he's really falling for me"

"Sure, Richie. Whatever makes you sleep at night"

I dumped my tray and marched away to the school's music room.

Stupid Richie. She sounded like an awful witch!
Why am I just noticing that she has been insulting me?
She always finds a way to lower my self-esteem.
But not this time. This time I trust Samuel. I've experienced his love and I've beared witness of it's abilities.

Angry tears rolled down my cheeks as I sobbed uncontrollably.

My so called best friend is a back stabber.

She took my ex boyfriend. I let her have it. She took my pride, I let her have it. She took my popularity, I let her have it.
I gave her everything, because I didn't want to fight.
But nothing changed.

I wanted to move, but my legs gave way and I slumped down to the ground in the corner of the music room... With my tearful sobs echoing around to be heard.

I didn't know what to do or what to say, but I suddenly said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Sam..."
I started wheezing and gasping for breath. Oh no... Not again...

"Samuel..."

The air around me seemed denser now and I could hardly breathe.

"Samuel" I called in hardly a whisper.