52 | Father-Daughter bonding Day?

Abdullah wakes up later than planned because he started looking for Zayda the same day he landed in Jordan. Who could blame him? She was his daughter and only real child.

He may have accepted Waleeda's lies but how does he move on from the fact that he and the so called wife were a joke to every other family. Their own kids knew their secrets. It was the same as letting them see your underwear—it didn't make sense.

His new mission before finding Zayda was gathering information about her whereabouts. The receptionist of the motel who also lived in one of the rooms seemed like a money grabber and would do anything if given the right price.

Not that he was bothered, but he wondered how long it would take to convince her. Zayda's return date was unknown so he was in a rush to hear even the littlest news about her existence in this country.

He's just showered and decided he'd ask her to have breakfast with him so he could get something out of her. Her room was downstairs so he had to walk back to the ground floor  to get there.

He stopped at her door and knocked just as he did the previous night. She opens the door, frowning at him while he remained smiling.

"You again?"

"Yes, me."

"What do you want this early morning?"

"I came to ask if you'd join me for breakfast."

"Why?" She narrows her eyes at him "Nothing is free. What do you want?" She looked outside the room "Are you police?"

"No, I'm just a traveler."

"Ok, why are you taking me for breakfast?"

"I don't know the city so I thought I should go with someone who lives here."

"Ok." She nodded "You're paying right?"

"Yes."

"Wait here, I'll be ready in five minutes."

"Take your time." Abdullah smiles with folded arms and his back on a metal rail close to the buildings foundation.

She closes the door and rushes to brush her teeth and get a change of clothes, her mind filled with worry and confusion as to why a man twice her age removed is wanting to take her out. Whatever it was, she didn't expect it to be good.

Abdullah on the other hand wondered why the woman was aggressive about everything. If she didn't want it then he wouldn't force her but she stuck her neck out the room with her remaining body in the room as if she was a fugitive on the run.

He follows her on a ten minute walk that ends in front of a small shop with tea brewing on gas cylinders and small trays of olive bread laying across the table. They sat somewhere close to the entrance on the chairs, leaning on the table in between them, waiting for their order to be brought.

"Now that you've got your money..." Abdullah trailed off, sliding his hands into his pocket "I'd like to ask you a few questions about one of your guests."

"I can't allow that."

"Not even for a few dinars?" He holds up a 20 dinar note up in the air.

"When you put it that way..." she looked around and adjusted herself in the seat "I can give a few pieces of information." She adds "Don't ask too much, I won't answer."