47 | Murphy's Law

Warning: Longest chapter so far! 5K+ words phew 😅

Hey guys, these days I'm getting lazy to edit but please bare w me. Also I want to know what y'all think about the story so far. I know it's a bit rushed but I wanted to get the showdown and wedding out of the way; I killed two birds w one stone 😉

Send a dm to my IG @eeshaaarh with all your opinions. No rude comments... Also please subscribe to my channels AishaRosé and AishaRosé.0 X :) 💚

The drive to Aisha's parents house was quiet. The silence was deadly and it was obvious Alhaji Abdullah was giving her the cold shoulder for the rest of the way.

He might've given her a chance to come close yesterday but today he'd had a chance to rethink his choices. She was the one who betrayed him so why was he feeling guilty for having thought to leave her.

If it was love, he loved her dearly but what he failed to understand was why she would do what she did. Things didn't sit right with him and whenever she was close he wanted to flee.

It was a conflicting feeling because he also wanted her closer than ever—to wipe her tears—forgiveness was an option he fought to accept but the longer he kept her under his roof the longer he started to feel a crippling resentment.

It was fresh and gnawing, her presence toyed with the wound—like a finger being pressed down into the space that would keep drilling into the flesh that was his heart.

"Alhaji," Waleeda began, clearing her throat and wiping something nonexistent from her nose with her handkerchief "We should discuss how to approach them."

He only glances her way for a second and continues staring directly on the road as if she didn't just say anything. She moved to touch his hand but he used his elbow to move her hand before they touched his.

"I'm talking to you."

"Don't touch me."

"See, let's be nice."

"And tell them what?" He yelled, still not looking at her "Ohh, I'm sorry your daughter died and our son killed her! Is that what you want us to say?"

She huffed and held her head with her hand "No need to shout at me. I'll do the talking, you follow my lead."

"As what?"

"I didn't say anything. Why are you trying to make meaning of something that doesn't make sense?"

"Just..." he waved his hand in the air, thinking of what to say "We're almost there. Shut up and we won't have a problem. You can talk for however long there."

Waleeda bites the inside of her cheeks and frowns. He didn't have to be disrespectful to make a point. She was aware she'd crossed a line she wasn't sure she could return from but her mothers advice was there but he wouldn't listen so how was she to execute?

Alhaji Abdullah stops the car in-front of a gate and presses the horn. He grips the steering wheel forcefully and matches the pedal as the gate is being opened. The security guard greets both of them from his window as he continues inside.

Just like theirs, this house was empty. It was quiet as they got down—Aisha's brother must've been taken to school too. The cold morning wind blew across their angry faces to dry their lips. The harmattan has never treated anyone well so Hajiya Waleeda always stayed prepared with her lip balm in her bag.