25 | Abuja enrounte to Third Mainland Bridge

The sun rose to witness the start of cash or crash this morning, Farouk hadn't slept the previous night out of excessive excitement and Aisha only passively managed to aggressively transfer her fears onto his.

She'd call him this morning to hear if he'd back out of this one but he was sure it was to be as successful as his first and past two because his parents were traveling this morning. His uncle Anwar and Aunt Priya were attacked on their way to the airport to return back to India.

They'd had so much fun and Alhaji Abdullah has only just formed a new friendship with his younger brother. It was devastating to hear that when he'd just been with them the previous night eating dinner. He couldn't lose him again or permanently—at all.

Farouk was one of the first few to wake up early, third to his parents who were preparing to travel to Lagos on the next morning flight Azman air could provide.

Heated pots simmered, doors slammed opened and closed, even the clucking of the chickens outside the window sounded too loud for Farouk. He was certainly more afraid than excited because if he was being honest, this was crazy.

He'd never tried to take money without permission, not to talk more or even doing it as a prank but he waited and orchestrated how everything would go in his head. He was sure, if he did this he'd be goated.

Alhaji Abdullah made sure to do everything for his wife this morning. He wouldn't let her lift a finger—from packing their clothes to preparing the shower—it was all him. He let her oversleep and when she woke up she'd just prayed and read a copy of Diana Urban's All your twisted secrets.

Aamanee made breakfast of Tea, bread and eggs with Amira and brought it up to them while the rest ate downstairs. Uncle Adeel has been on Aamanee's mind for the past week. She didn't know why she ever let him back into her life, she didn't know why she forgave him after the Nana incident but she knew one thing,  she'd fallen off the tracks off morality and landed on the rails and the train of principles would catch up with her if she didn't stop.

For all she knew this was incredibly degrading as well as unlawful but her reasons for changing was because she woke up to a video her best friend sent to her. They still haven't gotten to talking or mending their broken friendship but she just sent it to help Aamanee.

The rumors in school had destroyed her social life but she was always one to pull a crowd even in down times so she was ok because people still wanted her company because she was the 'cool girl' of the set.

Alhaji Abdullah slid open the door of the shower and his phone pinged on the sink. He steps out slowly, opening the cabinets for his shaving stick. His eyes flicker on and off the screen of his phone but he doesn't lift his phone—seeing the name on the screen already told him things were going smoothly in Hungary with his new clients.

He'd sent his partners to deliver the goods so he could spent time with his family more and also travel to see his brother. He opens the tub of shaving cream and rubs it across his chin and bottom of his nose. He quickly shaved and wipes away his face with water and a small towel.

"Waleeda." He calls, picking up his phone as he exits the door.

"Naam." She folds the top led corner of her page before dropping it "Are you done already?"

"Yes." He drops his phone on the bed and goes to pick out something to wear as his wife goes to bathe.

The time they're done is an hour to the flight of their time so they get Yusuf to take them to the airport. It's now Farouk's chance to go into his parents room as he watched from his window when Yusuf drive them out of the gates of their home.