39 | Escapism

I'm really sorry this chapters are getting longer 🤧 let me know if you'd like them shorter.

Amna was awake before morn, her plan was foolproof before dawn and by the time she was ready there was no on who could stop her. She waited by the junction of her mothers house to see when she would arrive.

She wanted to ambush her unexpectedly and spend a few hours with her to make her uncomfortable to show her some signs of shame or spill something by mistake.

When the clock hit 11:00, she realized this was a mistake. She hadn't brought food—didn't even have breakfast—so she quietly persevered in a regretful hunger till noon when her mother pulls up into the driveway in her Toyota Camry aka big for nothing for Romeo to open it for her.

She waits about thirty minutes before driving to the gate and pressing her horn. She enters the into gate and parks her car just behind her mothers. Gingerly, she came down from the car as if she had no problems and knocked.

"Mummy!" Amna exclaimed when her mother opened the door.

"Amilolo how have you been?"

"I'm fine mama." Amna pushes the door and enters "I just came to check up on you."

Her mother watches her with a weird state which she notices but ignores "You came at a stressful time for me. I'm trying to sort out some things I have to deliver before 3pm."

Amna shrugged, uninterested "I can help." She pushed the door and closed it.

They walked to the living room where it was obvious Amna wasn't welcome at the moment from her sitting posture and silence but that didn't bother her.

"Mama ina kayan?" Mummy where are the things? Amna laid back on the chair with crossed legs, yawning "But I'm hungry. Can I have something to eat?" She remembered her manners and added "Please."

She didn't bother looking up. She waved a hand not being able to hide her frown or look at her daughter "Check the kitchen. I don't know what the maid cooked." She refused to answer the first question because there aren't any goods to sort out from her travel.

Amna stood up "Ok," she went to her mother and hugged her unresponsive mother "I'll be back."

She got back from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal and sat, just staring at Hajiya Sadiya. They didn't talk even after Amna was done eating.

Amna sat up straight, looking her mother in the eye when she said "Mama I'm getting married."

Her head shot up as soon as she heard the news. She didn't know where to start. Her promise to Faisal was to get her daughter back on his side not get him a divorce.

Hajiya Sadiya got up and walked to sit beside her daughter. She put a hand on hers that was on the chair "Kina ji na? Do you hear me? You can't do that. Ga Faisal."

"Faisal?"

"Yes."

"He doesn't live with me. When last did he visit?"

Hajiya Sadiya opened her mouth to speak but Amna interrupts.

"Don't answer mama, you don't know. That was since I gave birth to Suleiman."