50 | Jordan is where it'll all Begin

Abdullah hugged his bag on his lap inside the taxi he got in from the airport. It smelt like boiled egg and sweat—two things he very much disliked.

He watched the cars they passed go behind him as he kept his eye locked on each window to see if Zayda was inside one of them. Soon the car stops moving and he looks at the driver, alarmed whom he just realized was high and still smoking as he saw that they were stuck because of the traffic light.

Men argued in Arabic around a crushed bike and a bus. Smoke filled the air around them so all of them had to cover their noses with handkerchiefs or shirts.

Abdullah tapped the back of his drivers seat to drive on now that the lights had turned green. The man nodded, disgruntled and cussing in Arabic. It wasn't like he didn't understand, he was just tired and longed for a sleep so long they'd think he died.

Clings and clangs from fists hitting the side of metal carts carrying oranges and other foods filled the road cars somehow drove, crisscrossing tables and hawkers of fruit.

Abdullah paid for five nights at Milton hotel knowing it'd be their best in the country. His head was full of thoughts and prayers, hopeless that he could achieve his goal in this country in a short while but he knew he had Allah; all you need to do is ask and He shall give.

The driver finally reached the hotel and passed through security to drop him at the entrance. A man appears with a golden cart to take his box from the boot of the car. He stopped with Abdullah at the counter where a receptionist attended to him. She asked for his name and searched a computerized list for his reservation.

He collects his card and they enter the elevator to his room. In the room, he gives the butler a tip and locks the door to take a shower. He chooses to lay in the bath tub instead of taking the shower. The warmth of the water soothes his body and helps him rejuvenate a little energy but what he needed most was still not gotten.

He calls downstairs for room service and eats to his fill before calling Aamanee's phone to check on his children.

"Good evening Daddy," Amira yelled, causing Aamanee to smack her and take back the phone. "We miss you."

Abdullah laughed and shook his head "Amira is that you?"

"Yes Daddy?"

"How are you?"

"We're fine Daddy. When will you be back?"

"Soon, ok? I've come to bring back Zayda."

"Do you know where she is?"

"I'm going out early tomorrow on a search."

"We hope you find her!" Amira babbled, still struggling to keep the phone in her hand but Aamanee has already taken it back forcefully.

At this point they didn't Aamanee was different from months ago when she detested her sister without reason. Life taught her that family was gold and everything other thing was copper. She never told but she prayed and sought Allah's help for her father in finding Zayda.

"Daddy... daddy, I'm here. How was your trip?" Aamanee greeted then adds "It's Aamanee."

"How was school?" He inquires, sipping from a glass of grape juice "Where are your remaining siblings Aamanee?"

"School was fine. It was the last day! Na gama exams." I've finished my exams. "Me, Amira and Usama are here but he's asleep. Farouk is in Abuja."

Abdullah shoots up from his seat, trying to understand what his daughter was saying. "Where are you then?"

"Kano."