26 | Day in the crazy life of the Abdullah Mudi'

"Good morning Miss Kemi." Amira drops her bag on the floor as she moves to her table.

The woman only nods and continues flicking some papers, reading something with full concentration. Amira didn't care, she had so much to be worried about today.

Final exams for first term was starting today and she hasn't been studying. She'd been trying to find clues on Zayda's disappearance. She barely managed to do her assignments or eat. All she wanted was her sister back. Her best friend.

Physics was her first subject. She came too early but only ten minutes before the start of the paper so she couldn't scheme through her books like she'd done in the car.

She was blank even if she'd prayed, done a little azkar but her hope had only dimmed because she hadn't studied much the previous night. It'd be a miracle if she could pass any paper.

"Amira!" Miss Kemi slapped the table and Amira jumped, suddenly realizing that it was her teacher then she sat.

She was deep in thought and hadn't realized they'd started sharing the question papers.

"Sit everyone." The woman sternly said.

Amira remembered her pencil case in her bag and ran to get it.

"Where are you going?" The teacher asks.

"To my bag obviously." She hisses and the woman just blinks. She'd deal with her when she was marking her further mathematics paper which was in two days.

Amira returns and sits. The boy beside her looks at her smiling, thinking she'd fall for his smile. She knew his type; they hadn't read and would need an anchor for the exam.

"Save it," She holds her hand up in his face "I didn't read too."

"Why?"

She opens her pencil case, taking out a pencil, pen and eraser, placing them on the table beside her paper as she says her bismillah "Why What? Why you didn't read? Or why we're both going to fail?"

He frowns, raising his palms in the air "It's not me that's going to fail o. Only you, thank God I came with small expo."

Her interest grew once she heard he had some answers penned down. She smiled too and he rolled his eyes.

"Please now, Kelechi."

"I thought you were going to fail?"

"Damn," she laughed, hitting her desk lightly "not again. I have you."

"I didn't write much. We'll get fifty at most. The rest I'm going to use my brain."

"I pray this can get me a sixty."

"Both of you shut up!" Miss Kemi drops her fisted hands on the table, lifting it with the paper in her hands as she read what her Jss 3 Mathematics answers for their exam.

They silently start the exam and just twenty minutes in Miss Kemi starts to sleep and he drops the paper on the table and covers it with Amira's pencil case.

They copy to their fill but don't exactly know what they're writing so they both answer wrongly and don't realize.

"What's the difference between insulators and resistors?" Amira whispers to Kelechi.

"I don't know." He shakes his head "Do you know the formula for Sound intensity?"

"I think it's I=P/A."

"Thank you." He scribbles it down on his paper and moves to the next question but she believed he wasn't smart enough so she didn't ask him.

Amira is only able to do one essay question while she had to answer three so she leaves them blank. She was happy she could answer most of the objectives thanks to Kelechi.