Twenty Two. as long as I have you

Start from the beginning

"Got the riot gear off a dead cop. Found the poncho on a clothesline."

Mia swiftly turned to the side and pointed her gun at Gareth. Daryl gave her a stern glare, telling her with his eyes to watch around her.

"Gareth, we can wait—"

"Shut up, Alex." Gareth retaliated.

"You talk to me." Rick ordered the man, threatening him again.

Gareth remainder eerily calm. It almost gave Mia chills. "What's there left to say? You don't trust us anymore."

"Gareth—"

"Shut up!"

"Gareth, please." Alex begged again.

"It's okay. It's okay,"  Gareth assured him and slowly held up his hand. He looked back at Rick. "Rick, what do you want?"

He stared at the man with cold eyes. "Where are our people?"

"You didn't answer the question."

Before Mia could blink, Rick threw Alex to the ground and gunfire started to go off. She immediately pulled the trigger of her gun even though it didn't hit anyone.  Her eyes widened in complete shock.

"Mia!" Carl shouted to her over the gunfire at same time Rick shouted his name. He grabbed her hand and dragged her backwards with him.

The group began to ran and more gunshots were fired their way. Mia covered her head with her hand.  Adrenaline coursed in her blood. They ran across the courtyard and the gunshots followed them. Rick urged them to run the other way out of the courtyard.

The garage door closed when they were a foot away.  Mia looked all around her in a panic. They were able to exit through one of the doors and they found themselves outside again. Mia ran as fast as she could with the gunshots following behind her.

A small scream escaped her when a bullet grazed by her and hit the concrete. Michonne immediately pulled her away and they continued to run until they passed by abandoned train cars.

"Let us out!" Was shouted from inside the train car and Mia slowed down, her eyes narrowing. "Help!"

"Mia, keep going!" Shouted Rick.

The young girl snapped out of it and she scurried to follow them inside one of the building. She followed behind Carl and Michonne led them into a room, the first thing catching her eye being hundreds of hit candles all over the room, along with names written on the floor and the walls.

"The hell is this place?" Daryl uttered, voicing all of their thoughts.

"These people, I don't think they're trying to kill us." Michonne pointed out through heavy breathing. 

"No, they were aiming at our feet," Rick explained. He pointed across the room to a door that was cracked open. "There!"

They rushed towards the door only to have someone close and seal it shut. Another rush of panic invaded Mia's chest and she glanced back at Carl with wide eyes. He sent her the same wide eyed expression.

His father quickly ordered them to run to the other door. They managed to slip through with ease and it led them back outside to more gunfire. 

Give us a break, Mia thought to herself and followed behind Michonne as they ran through the yard to where the fences were. She paused, along with the others, when she saw a group of the Terminus people standing on the other side of the fence with rifles.  They were cornered. They had no where to go and Mia felt completely trapped.