chapter twenty-six.

Jaeyun's heart hammered horribly against his ribcage. This wasn't the pleasant jitters he got when meeting Sunghoon or the gentle rubble of anxiety he got before a test or exam, this was horrible. He could feel his own heartbeat in his ear, his palms were sweating profoundly and he is certain he forgot how to breathe properly.

The male's hands opened the dorm room with a trembling motion, he senses overly alert of his every little move and sound.

He opened the door and peaked in, his heart dropping when he didn't find Jaehyuk asleep soundly on his side of the room, instead, the older was positioned on his bed, arms and legs crossed as he sat there. His face was nearly unreadable to Jeyun, which scared him because Jaehyuk was always so bright and animated.

"Hyung..." Jaeyun called out, scared. He didn't want Jaehyuk to hate him; to not take him seriously. His roommate was the only person who knew about what he is and was okay with it, he can't have Jaehyuk hating him.

The older's head snapped up and Jaeyun was ready to drop to his knees and cry when all he saw in his friend's eyes was relief.

"Jaeyun-ah," Jaehyuk got up in the blink of an eye and before Jaeyun knew it, he was crying into the warm embrace of his closest friend.

"I thought you'd hate me, I was so scared," the younger kept crying and whining into the male's shoulder, thankful that Jaehyuk just let him cry and get out his worries.

"Never," Jaehyuk reassured him, "we're a pack at heart, no one hates you."

All Jaeyun could do was cry harder before passing out in the gentle embrace of a family. His friends were the only people he ever needed.