chapter eleven.

"Do you still hate me?" Jaeyun mumbled into the evening's cold air, laying on Sunghoon completely as the male lay flat on his back. Jaeyun had been contemplating starting up a topic for them to talk about, but it all seemed useless because the silence between them was so comforting. Who knew that a vampire's chest would make for the best pillow?

Sunghoon didn't reply and for a second Jaeyun assumed that he had fallen asleep, but then the older sighed, his chest expanding under Jaeyun's head.

"I don't know," he was whispering, his words genuinely unsure as he continued, "I know I don't not like you," Jaeyun chuckled, looking at him with a playful smile, "What?"

Sunghoon shrugged, staring back at the werewolf, "I don't know - I don't like werewolves, I don't like soulmates, I honestly don't think I would even give a flying fuck about you if we weren't connected."

Jaeyun's smile dropped but he didn't avert the eye contact Sunghoon had made, only listened as the taller continued, placing a nervous hand on the back of the werewolves back, "I-I don't hate you, I don't think that's even possible with the soulmate bond, I always seem to be drawn to you no matter how much I resist."

The words relaxed Jaeyun's heart greatly because he wasn't the only one feeling like that. Sunghoon needed him as much as he needed the older one.

The brunette nodded, placing his head back onto the wide chest, exhaling a sigh that had formed.

"I'm sorry."

"What for?" Jaeyun asked, snuggling closer into the presence of his soulmate, a drowsy feeling taking over him.

"For everything," Sunghoon mumbled, placing his nose into Jaeyun's hair, "for everything that happened to you and between us."

"It's okay," Jaeyun mumbled, flapping his arm in an "i-don't-care" manner, "I already forgave you long ago."

The raven exhaled deeply, burying himself into the smaller body, circling his arms around the male's middle with more confidence, "You shouldn't."

"But I do," Jaeyun mumbled sleepily into Sunghoon's neck, eyes closed as he listened to the calm breathing of the vampire.

"I don't know what we're going to do," the raven confessed, his voice evident of fear and worry, "I'm honestly scared."

Jaeyun detached himself lightly, not wanting the other to take his hands off him, "I am too," he mumbled, gazing into the male's dull red eyes, his breath catching in his lungs at the close proximity they were in, "I am so scared what's going to happen. I worry constantly about whether you're fed, my heart constantly hurts because you're not always next to me."

"Me too," Sunghoon mumbled, his eyes briefly flickering downwards towards Jaeyun's plush lips, before he looked back at him, "I hate how much you make me worry."

The brunette pouted (which did not help Sunghoon's 'Jaeyun-lips-dilemma'), "How?"

"Your energy drains faster than mine," the raven said straight forward, "and there's only so much I can do to be there for you."

"You don't have to constantly protect me."

"Then who will?"

He was about to reply with something stupid like "Jaehyuk and my other friends, of course", but Jaeyun knew they couldn't help him the way Sunghoon can.

Jaeyun offered the male a small smile, "Maybe you have a point."

He placed his head back down into the crook of the vampire's neck and sighed in pure joy when one of the older's hands went up to cradle the back of his head. He felt so good.