chapter twenty-one.

Sunghoon would be horribly lying if he said he wasn't stressing about the Ball. He is known for always trusting his gut feeling and right now his gut is churning in every possible direction because he feels something will go horribly wrong.

He was currently in the Student Body office, working away on some last-minute reservations for the vampire dance, a headache already forming at his temples as he ends the call with another dead-end. Does nobody in this town make blood fondue fountains?

He was about to type in another random number Wonyoung had written down from some local vampire restaurants, when the devil herself walked in, looking equally as annoyed as Sunghoon.

"I hate this," she grumbled, placing down a box with what looked like party decorations, "why do we have to organize everything?"

"Tell me about it," Sunghoon agreed, typing in the phone number in front of him, "do you know how many restaurants I've called for this damned blood fountain to be met with people calling me crazy?"

"I blame Minjung for wanting that stupid thing," Wonyoung exhaled with pure exhaustion, sitting down on the same box she had placed down, looking at Sunghoon with pity, "she was really keen on that thing ever since she saw it in one of her "Weekly Vampire" magazines."

The raven nodded, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose as he placed his phone next to his ear, listening to the ringing noise go on and on like a mocking little song. He gave up after the fifth ring and banged his head against the desk, earning a laugh from Wonyoung.

"How's your soulmate doing?"

"Are you mocking me?"

"No," she protested, glaring back at the raven who had momentarily looked up just to point daggers at her, "it was a genuine question."

"He's excited," he mumbled, thinking back to how Jaeyun had gushed about all of the activities the werewolves were preparing. From what the half-blood had said, it sounded more like a huge family get-together instead of an Academy dance - Sunghoon felt oddly jealous of that.

"Apparently, the werewolves don't just sit around and talk shit like we do," the raven bitterly added, shuffling through the papers on his desk.

That's another thing he had come to realize - he doesn't like vampires all that much either. He grew up wanting to be the best of them, but now he thinks that being the best isn't worth it when without your vampire status you're just an asshole.

"That must be nice," Wonyoung added solemnly, "they all look like a happy family, don't they?"

Sunghoon couldn't help but agree.

"Oh, by the way," Wonyoung got up from her box, sending the thing another glare before walking over towards Sunghoon, "Someone has been going around the whole school screaming how they're going to take you to the Ball, so if I were you, I'd stay in my bat form and lay low."

The raven groaned again, thanking Wonyoung for the information before she left.

Lord, Sunghoon hates the Winter Ball. He usually stays on the sidelines and makes sure no one does anything suspicious or tries to sneak out into werewolf territory, but this year he doesn't know if he can even hold himself back from marching all the way to the stadium.

The 'date requests' are a whole different headache, he doesn't even want to know who this said person was that was so keen on taking him to the dance.

"Just put me out of my misery," he groaned into his hands again before trying to get his shit together and calling the restaurant one more time for the forsaken blood fountain.