chapter seven.

Jaeyun likes to think that his life has gone back to normal (as much as it can go back to normal) - he still doesn't contact his mother, nor does she even try reaching out to him; still hangs out with Jaehyuk in their dorm, he still does homework with Jiwon and goes to some of her cheer practices. It was all alright - he even made a couple of new friends in the facility.

Yet he could physically feel himself weakening by the day - he was constantly dizzy, nearly passing out each day from how lightheaded he had become; he couldn't find it in himself to eat every meal at the canteen because it simply made him sick even thinking about digesting something other than water (which he definitely hadn't been drinking enough of).

His friends had called these matters out more times than none, yet somehow Jaeyun couldn't find it in himself to fix it. His wolf has become insanely depressed because of last week's incidents - he just wanted his mate, that's all he needed.

But Jaeyun would rather let himself suffer than bring suffering to others. Sunghoon had made it perfectly clear that he wanted nothing to do with the werewolf; he will just accept his fate and live his life with that gaping hole.

Jaehyuk and he had been making their way towards Jiwon's practice, the older somehow getting the shorter out of their dorm after being cooped up in there for three days straight.

Jaeyun wasn't too pleased but still went, putting on some comfortable clothes as Jaehyuk led the way. He was aware of how slow his pace was, he really didn't have the energy to do much these days, so he was grateful Jaehyuk didn't push him and allowed him to go at his own speed.

They were about to head out into the courtyard when Jaeyun felt his legs give out. No big deal, he thought, trying to pick himself back up with the help of Jaehyuk, but he couldn't.

His head started to pound insanely again, his inner wolf whimpering and howling in pain as well as he slowly felt himself lose consciousness.

The last thing he heard was Jaehyuk screaming for help as his body gently hit the older's chest, body limp.