chapter fourteen.

"I am so excited, this is going to be the biggest showdown in two whole years!" Jaehyuk was practically bouncing as the two made their way towards the outdoor stadium, a bunch of other werewolves were ushering around them, dressed in their team's jerseys and colours - dark blue and black, in contrast to the vampires who had dark red and white.

"Yeah," Jaeyun partook in the conversation only half-heartedly as he tried to not get stampeded by the student body, not understanding how people get so hyped about soccer. He played the sport a bunch as a kid, but only with a few of the other werewolves in his area, but he never imagined that people were this serious about it.

Of course, he always listened to Sunghoon's stories and complaints about practice and a few of the school's other championships, but it never really seemed to click how insanely important it was to everyone.

"We need to get good seats or else we won't be able to see anything," Jaehyuk kept ushering them, pulling on Jaeyun's wrist.

Since he couldn't wear anything that showcased his support for Sunghoon, Jaeyun opted to wear nothing that could indicate who he was there to support - some loose-fitted light-wash jeans with holes at the knees and a cotton candy sweater, its colours consisting of baby pink and blue.

The roommates had finally made it out of the academy in one piece, entering the wide stadium area with its huge bleachers. It was hilarious how this was one of the rare events the Wall was actually taken down - of course, the bleachers were still divided by sides so the two species couldn't sit together, but the field was wide open for the teams to roam freely. It genuinely surprised Jaeyun a bit when Jaeyuk mentioned that they actually let the two mingle at all when it came to being on school grounds, but it also made him feel slightly hopeful of these sorts of events being more common.

They eventually sat down somewhere in the middle of the right side, closer to the vampire team's goal, which Jaehyuk wasn't too pleased about, but he didn't complain either because he knew Jaeyun was only here to look at his soulmate and not much else (maybe Jiwon, but that's only for halftime).

It was somewhat early, but it was nearly impossible to find seats in this mess, so the two settled where they were, being able to see the middle of the field either way with their vision.

Jaeyun was about to complain about how incredibly cramped it was and how the plastic seats were making his butt sore in the first 5 minutes when he felt a small vibration coming from his phone. The brunette fished it out, wondering who it could be because all of his familiars were getting ready for the game to start.

From: vampie 🖤🦇

Can you meet me in the bathrooms?

Jaeyun had to double-check the sender because he swears he has never seen Sunghoon write a full sentence in his existence over text. He tilted his head in mild confusion but typed back a quick "On my way!" before excusing himself to use the restroom. His roommate waved him off with a mouth full of popcorn and a "be careful!".

As the brunette made his way to the stadium's bathrooms, the only two questions that were going through his head were 1. "Why does Sunghoon need to see me literally 10 minutes before the game?" and 2. "Is the bathroom split up by the Wall as well because that's just excessive?"

As he entered, his second question was soon answered as he noticed the pixel-like effect radiating in the middle of the room. It was pretty small for a stadium bathroom - four stalls for each side + two sinks. Then again, they were used more by the actual teams and cheerleaders than the student body, so he guesses it makes sense. Still, what's the point of splitting it?