chapter seventeen.

Jaeyun knocked on Sunghoon's dorm room at around 9 in the morning. He had woken up fairly early for his standards and messaged the vampire right away, asking him if he was feeling alright and what time he should come over. The raven had simply said, "Whenever, I'm in my room."

The half-blood, waited for the male to open the door with an anxious bounce - he wore a very cute denim outfit today along with a pair of his heeled shoes, liking the look a lot when he had put it on.

Sunghoon opened the door and smiled at him, allowing the shorter one to come in.

"You look very beautiful," the raven complimented, closing the door and hugging the male as a greeting, "I love the shoes."

Jaeyun blushed but thanked him, laughing when the vampire blew a raspberry into the side of his neck.

"Why did you need to see me?" he asked with a smile, making his way towards the male's bed, sitting on it with a small bounce as he looked at his soulmate with curious eyes.

"Well," the vampire walked towards his desk, taking his phone and then making his way back towards Jaeyun, eagerly sitting next to him as he opened the weather.

"Oh, wow, the weather app, very exciting, Hoon-ah," Jaeyun teased, earning a playful shove from the raven.

"There's apparently a meteor shower happening tonight," he explained with glee, making the younger's heart squeeze from how overjoyed the male looked as he spoke about the starry rain, "and I thought it would be a perfect date idea."

He looked at Jaeyun with a nervous facial expression, as if he was expecting the brunette to say no for whatever reason.

"That would be beautiful, Hoonie," Jaeyun hummed sincerity, finding the joy in Sunghoon's eyes so lovable, "what time does it start?"

"It says around midnight or 1 AM," he handed the phone over to Jaeyun who read through the local news article, both of them agreeing on a time and place they should be outside of school grounds.

The academy had a rule that curfew was at 10, but it was relatively easy to get out without being caught, especially for vampires who could simply turn into their bat forms. Jaeyun wasn't too worried about getting out since he and his friends had done it a few times before, so the two didn't dwell on the worry for long.

"I'll make us a picnic, then," Sunghoon confirmed as they decided to meet on the slight outskirts of the Academy's gates, wanting to go to this one very beautiful place the vampire apparently knows.

The brunette pouted at him, not satisfied with how little he was contributing to the whole date, "I can also set up the picnic, you've already planned so much..."

"Hey," Sunghoon placed a gentle hand on Jaeyun's warm skin, offering the male a reassuring smile, "I want to take you out on a date, okay? I want to do this just for you."

Jaeyun blushed again, but nodded, trying to cooperate with his inner self and let Sunghoon do this for him.

"Alright, but can I plan the next date then?"

The vampire smiled cheekily, "Of course, pup."

The two didn't spend too much time around one another for the rest of the morning, Jaeyun having to head out with Jiwon to do some shopping for the upcoming Winter Ball. One of the cheerleaders had apparently asked her out and the half-blood didn't waste a second accepting the invitation to go roam the city with one of his best friends.

"I will text you later, okay?" Jaeyun hugged the taller 'goodbye', "Good luck today."

Sunghoon nodded, kissing the top of the half-blood's head with a tender smile, not being able to resist the urge of placing another peck on his cheek.

"See you!" the shorter left, leaving Sunghoon to spend his whole morning, lunch and dinner fussing about how to make regular food that wasn't related to blood.

He knows Jaeyun is mixed and that he has no problem with small intakes of blood, but that doesn't mean he was going to back up some blood and juice boxes and call it a night. No. He was going to FaceTime his mother and beg on his knees for anything that could be easy to make and not too harsh on his wallet.