chapter sixteen.

The game was surprisingly a close tie through the whole thing. Usually, the first team to three wins, and then they go into overtime until one team gets two goals in a row, but adding supernatural powers to the sport made the game go up to 17-17.

Jaeyun was about to call it quits and just head back to the dorm to catch up on some sleep because it was already 1 AM. That's another thing about this sport - the teams had to begin the game in the dead of night because vampires are still pretty sensitive to sunlight with or without suppressants.

"C'Mon! Don't let them make another goal!" Jaeyuk yelled next to him as Jaeyun tried to not doze off. As much as he liked Sunghoon, he was not a sport-watching kind of person, he had his limits of what he was willing to do for a vampire.

And a few minutes later the werewolf side was filled with screams of anger and a bunch of booing sounds. "Ah," Jaeyun thought, "we lost."

He popped his head out, looking at the stadium where the vampire team were happily running around and cheering as they hugged one another, the cheer squad already setting up their final performance to rub it in. Jaeyun looked at the werewolves who seemed to be glaring at the winning team, some even going up to the referee (who was just the sad Science teacher put into some referee clothes) and demanding that they cheated.

The half-blood took this as his opportunity to flee the premises and go straight to his room, texting his soulmate once he was finally in a space with much fewer people.

To: vampie 🖤🦇

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🖤🖤🖤🖤 i wish i could've cheered for you :(( but i wanted to say that i am super proud of you hehe! 🌙💛!!! i am going to give you the biggest hug next time we meet 😁!

The raven didn't answer right away which was what Jaeyun had expected, the male was probably still celebrating his victory with his teammates, so he simply went to his dorm room, wanting to crash and sleep for weeks.

He showered and got changed, laughing once he walked out of the common showers and into his room to find Jaehyuk passed out on his bed with an angry frown still on his lips. Jaeyun quickly took the male's shoes off and tucked him into his bed properly before going to his own, delighted when he saw a message from his soulmate that was more than 1 sentence long.

From: vampie 🖤🦇

Thank You! ❤️...

(A heart! I repeat he used a heart emoji!)

I will be going out with the team tonight, so I will see you tomorrow, okay? Sleep well! I want to see you tomorrow as soon as I can.

Jaeyun smiled down at his phone, taking a screenshot of the message because of the cute emoji, and replying right after.

To: vampie 🖤🦇

ofc! 💛 have fun!!!!

He contemplated for a bit whether he should send the other a selfie or not and then just said "Screw it" and took, what he likes to think, a very cute selfie - his hair was a little fluffy from being washed, cheeks full and happy as he smiled wide at the camera, peace sign snug on his cheek.

He hit send with a "mwah 💓" as the caption, feeling giddy once he saw that the male had already seen it. Jaeyun couldn't help kicking his legs in the air as he waited for the other to reply. This is the first time either of them had sent such domestic photos to one another, Jaeyun just hopes the vampire won't find it weird.

Yet all he could do was smile wider and resist the urge to scream into the pillow as he looked at the other's reply.

From: vampie🖤🦇

My pretty baby, you look so cute! ❤️ Have a great sleep.