chapter ten.

Getting used to Sunghoon not hating his guts was honestly hard. He was constantly on edge about everything he did, not wanting to overstep any type of boundary and make the make hate him once again.

It was difficult to do anything when it came to Sunghoon - he may have finally regained his energy back with all the visits he had made to the vampire's room, but he still felt so shy when it came to either touching or talking or texting the older. Yeah, older! He had found out that Sunghoon was a good century older than him, his typing skills proving that fact very well.

Me: Sunghoon-ah, are you busy tonight? I have an exam tomorrow and I need every ounce of energy I can get!

vampie 🦇: Call.

Yeah, the male hated texting. The number of times Jaeyun had to call him just to ask him one little question was a little ridiculous.

He doesn't know if they're friends now or what, but he knows that they're not enemies for sure! He doubts enemies cuddle on a bed whilst talking about the stars.

Jaeyun will also admit that he might have a small little tiny crush on the male! But can you blame him?! His wolf is constantly whining about the raven, saying how they should go see their mate any chance they get. Jaeyun tries to suppress these urges because it's almost impossible to sneak out during the daytime when all the werewolves are awake, not to mention the vampire facility also walking around like there's no tomorrow during the day, some even in their bat forms!

He sighed, closing his math notebook, ready to pack up and head to his room - it had been the last lecture of the week, which, thank the Luna, didn't go over too long, but it was still incredibly tiring, especially since the class ended at 7 PM.

"We're going to head out for some pizza, you joining?" Jaeyun's heart nearly jumped out of his chest when Yunjin popped out of thin air.

"Oh, Luna, you startled me," Jaeyun chuckled, placing his things into his handbag, "and yeah, I'd love to!"

Yunjin was one of his new friends - she was the head cheerleader for the werewolves cheer team, he met her through Jiwon when he was spectating another one of her practices, and the two hit it off instantly.

"Great, I'll let Jae and Hee know!" Hee or Heeseung was another one of his new friends - the male was Jaehyuk's old friend from their first year, so naturally, Jaeyun had met him and got to know him better. He was really cool and always helped Jaeyun with his Korean struggles, being well-versed in English.

If he was being honest, life was okay right now - he wasn't fainting every minute of the day, he had a good group of friends that he hung out with often, he was doing well in his classes and he even got his soulmate to not hate him! He could give himself a good pat on the back because this was something Jaeyun from two weeks ago would never have predicted.

Yujin and Jaeyun excited their Math lecture room, going towards the main hall to wait for the rest of the group to gather up.

"Hey, Jaeyun-ah?" He hummed, adjusting the strap of his bag as the two walked side by side, "this might come off a little weird, but I wanted to tell you that you look really good."

Jaeyun blushed, looking at her with a severely confused expression because where did that come from?

Yujin chuckled, waving her hands awkwardly, "Not like that!" she laughed more to herself, "It's just when I met you - you looked like the Earth had done something horrible to you," she said softly, placing a comforting hand his shoulder, "I'm just glad to see you doing good. It makes my heart at ease."