𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾

"That...Was strange to say the least. Do elves do anything normal?" Sophie asked as she watched the waves crash far below. "Where's the fun in that?" Alden's smile made her feel slightly jealous, he seemed so calm. Of course she knew that he wasn't, those weeks for the Backer when he was broken were the worst of it, but he managed to fight for so long it was both sad and amazing. Sophie wishes she could say everything was fine...But it really wasn't.

Fitz took her hand. "You okay Sophie? Your starring of again." Sophie looks at him with a look of slight melancholy, "Yea...I'm just ready to go home." Alden and Fitz smile and Sophie let a warm rush whisk her away from there current location.

Sophie would be lying if she didn't expect Tiergan, hell she knew he'd come. But it was still strange to see Tiergan to be outwardly anger at Alden, after she healed Prentice Tiergan and Alden manage to work things out. So seeing him glare at Alden was...Odd. "You have some nerve summoning. Tiergan shouted, stepping right into Alden's personal space. Alden smiles and steps back, "Yes Tiergan-I'm well aware of your opinion of me. I can assure you, I wouldn't have summoned you if I wasn't convince that it would be Prentice would want." Tiergan's fierce facade crumbled and Sophie couldn't help but frown. "Since when are you the expert on anything Prentice?"

"I'm pretty sure that's why I'm here." Sophie spoke up, crossing her arms. Tiergan spun toward her and his eyes did a quick inventory, widening when they locked with hers. "This Prentice guy seems really important to you." She said. Tiergan nods, saddens washing over his face, "Yes..." Tiergan looks at Alden. "Is?.."

"Yes," Alden said, looking at him dead in the eyes. "Whatever you're thinking, yes. Tiergan I'd like you to meet Sophie Foster. Foxfire's newest prodigy, who happens to need a telepathy mentor." Tiergan swallowed several times before he spoke. "She's the one, isn't she? The one Prentice was hiding?"

"Probably," Sophie said as Alden said. "Yes, she's been living with humans for the past 12 years."

"Yeah, I'd still like to know why Prentice is important and why you were looking for me." Sophie spoke up, "Like, I don't care if it's classified. It's my life I deserve to know what is happening with it."

"If it becomes important for you to know, I will tell you," Alden promised. "For now, all anyone needs to know is that you are the most incredible Telepath I've ever seen, and you need a mentor. Which is why I summoned you," He said, turning to Tiergan. "Sophie has already broken through Fitz's and Bronte's blocking without raining. She needs the best Mentor we can provide. I know you're retired, but I thought— given the circumstances— you might be able to persuaded to return to Foxfire."

Sophie then spoke up when see saw Tiergan hesitate, "I'd like to learn what my mind can do...Since being around people who thought I was weird, I held back but now I want to put to my full potential. And if Alden thinks your the best, I'd love to learn from you...Of course if you want." That seem to sell Tiergan on helping her because he nodded, "You'll do it?" Alden asked, his voice a mixture of surprise and relief.

"Yes. But only for this year. That will be more than enough to hone her abilities. Then you leave me alone and never ask for my assistance again." Tiergan said, glaring at Alden but then turns to Sophie who gave him a soft—knowing— smile. "Thank you so much, can't wait to learn from you...Tiergan sir." Tiergan smiled at her and nodded. Alden also said thanks and turned to Sophie and Fitz, "I suppose we should continue our early conversation inside," He turned to Tiergan, who had backed a few feet away from everyone, "I'm assuming you don't want to come in."

"Finally, a correct assumption." Tiergan's voice was cold, but it warmed when he looked at Sophie. "I'll see you Tuesday." Then he raises a pathfinder to the light and vanished in a brilliant flash.

"Well, that went better than expected." He licked the panel and they headed inside. Alden explained everything he did before, Sophie already knew about this so she didn't really listen because there was only one thing she needed to say. Alden stops and Sophie turns around to the sounds of arguing and she sees Biana looking Orestes. "You're home," Sophie jumps and grabs on Fitz's arms as Della appears. "Sophie, this is my wife, Della." Alden said, "And my daughter, Biana,"

"I'm so sorry," Della said and Sophie smiled back, "It's fine. I'm glad to meet both of you." She said looking at Biana and giving her a sweet smile. "Is that my dress?" Biana asked, eyebrows furrowing. Sophie chuckles, "I think it is? It's personally not my style but I needed to change into something to blend in. You can have it back if you want." Sophie said. "No, that's fine," Biana said, looking away. "You can keep it. It's kinda frumpy." Sophie smiled dimmed slightly, it felt like weird seeing Biana be so distant and cold. "Oh...Thank you so much."

"Quinlin sent the files you requested," Della told Alden. "I put them in your office." Her smile faded. "And the council denied our request. But they did approve Grady and Edaline." Her heart swelled. Edaline and Grady...oh she was excited. Alden did his thing and left them for a bit Della clasped her registry pendant and handed her birth funds.

"Huh. Lusters? That's funny." She said, smiling. "Sounds like a kind of candy." Fitz snickered and Della smiled "I suppose it does."

"I don't get why it's funny." Biana said. Sophie shrugs, "You don't have to."

Alden came back, frustrated. "All set?" Alden asked, coming back into the room. Della nodded. "We're you able to change their minds?" Alden shook his head and Sophie smiled in relief. But it faded seeing the sad faces of Della and Fitz. "Something wrong?" Sophie asked.

Alden let out a long, slow sigh. "Come on, Sophie. Let's go have the talk."