𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿

Sophie waited in an enormous wingback chair facing Alden, who sat behind a black desk piled with books and scrolls. Anxiety tightened her chest as the walls of water seemed to close in. Sophie see's the stack of newspaper neck to her chair and picked one up, "You kept up with news?" She asks. "Looking for you." She smiled. "Huh, I look pretty great." She said, looking at a picture at herself. After that a thick silence. They both knew what was gonna happen. "I think you know what I'm gonna." He said and Sophie gave him a bitter smile. "Yea...I know I won't be able to stay with them...I'll probably won't be able to visit them...Will I?" He shook his head.

"It is called the Forbidden Cities for a reason...Plus they're going to think you're dead." She looks up, tears held back. "You're going to me off?"

"As far as your family and the rest of the humans are concerned...yes." Sophie didn't hesitate this time. "You will not do that to my family." She stated, standing up. "We have to. If you disappeared, they would never stop trying to find you. It would draw too much attention to everything."

"Can't you do something else?! Like eraser my existent from there memory or something?" She asked. Alden bite his lip. "It's more complicated-"

"I don't care. As long they forget me. It's better than thinking their daughter is dead." Her words hit Alden, and he turned away, staring deep into the aquarium. "What about you?" He said after a stretch of silence. "These are people you love, Sophie. If we erase you, they won't miss you, they won't even know you exist. Wouldn't that be too painful?"

She gave Alden a bitter smile. "Yes. But only for me. For them, it's the best thing for them." Sophie rubbed her arm. "Plus, I understood what I was getting into." Seconds passed before Alden turned to her, obvious pain in his eyes. "If that's what you want, we'll do it that way." She smiled. "Thank you," She sank back into the massive chair. Feeling the tears being held back. "Will I get to say goodbye?" Alden shook his head. "The Council specific forbade me to take you back."

She shook her head, "Please. I need to say goodbye." She begged, a tear falling on a cheek. Alden studied her face for a long minute before he nodded. "I can't take you without risking a tribunal, but I can give you twenty minutes before I alert the council to the change of plans and let Fitz take you. You'll have to change clothes before you go, and get out of there before anyone sees you or it would be very bad for him. Can you do that?" She nodded, wiping the tear away. "Thank you." Alden rushed to the door and called Fitz. Sophie couldn't focus as Alden explained what was happening. While he was busy she took the note out and eyes widen.

K.S is your partner.

~Agent S

Sophie felt a relived smile, There was only 1 person she knew with that initial's.

She was gonna see Keefe soon.

"Where have you been?" Her dad shouted as Sophie set foot through the door. Sophie let the tears out, seeing  her parents, "We almost called the police!" Her mom said. Upon seeing her tears the two soften. "Did something happen,Sophie?" Her dad asked after a minute. "Your school called and said you left early." His mind flashed to unspoken horrors. Sophie just sighed and hugged them, "Nothing bad happened. It's just been such a strange day..." She buried her face into her moms side. "I love you guys."

"We love you too," her mom whispered, totally confused. "What's going on, Soybean?" Her dad asked and Sophie felt herself melt. "Nothing...do we have any fettuccine?" She asked and her mom nodded. "Yea? Sophie, what's wrong?" Her mom asked as Sophie let's go and headed to the kitchen her parents followed her. "She's just trying to get out of trouble," Amy said, bouncing next to them into the kitchen. "How long is she grounded for?" Before her dad could answer Sophie took the fettuccine out, looking at them sad. "It won't matter. I just want you all to know I love you, I'm sorry for what's gonna happen...And for taking Marty." Everyone's eyes widen and Sophie bolted for the door, fettuccine in her hands. "Sophie Elizabeth Foster, you tell us what's going on right now!" Her mother yelled but she was out of the room before she could do anything.

Sophie ran towards Fitz, "Fitz! Let's leap! Now!" She yelled, grappling his arm. Before he could respond she grabbed the leap master and held it up. As the light wrapped around them she saw her family's silhouettes, running to her. She blinks and smiled at the, tears running down. "I love! I'm so sorry!"

And then. She was gone.

?? POV

"Did you send the notes? To both of them. I asked, looking at agent S. He nodded, looking at the sobbing family front behind the thing they were hiding. "Yes, the two looked...Very happy." He smiled ever so slight and I smile, "Yo sure happy for them...Aren't you?" He looked at me.

"Of course I would be. I care for him, even if he'll never know...I mean, you and your brother feel the same with your family. Right?" I nod, gripping at the powder in a pouch in my hand. "Anyways...We should stop this small talk, ready?" I asked.

He sighed. "Ready as always, miss." I nod and we come out, the family still sobbing in shock. I take watch out and stop time but kept the family moving. William holding his wife and daughter in his arms spots us, thankfully the hoods obscuring our faces. "Who are you?-" He started but I blew the powder in his face and he dropped. The powder immediately disappeared and the women were about to scream but Agent S blew some powder on them as well. With the 3 knocked out we move there bodies in the house. Dropping them on the floor I look at S who was looking at me. "What?"

"Is Agent L alright? He isn't here with us." He asked, I cross my arms and sigh. "His alright...Anyways we gotta go." I said, unfreezing everything and disappearing into the shadows with S right behind me.

By times name, I hope you know what your doing.