𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

(A/n Sorry this took so long, I was locked out and just didn't feel motivated to write. But I'm back! Hope you enjoy,)

Sophie opened her eyes and the familiar sight made her eyes a bit watery.

In front of her was the elves' capital city, Eternalia, it gave Sophie so many good and bad memories. She ignored Fitz as he rambled about the city, until he said, "You can let go," I stare at him and drop my hand away from his, then he went on how the world work but that was the least of Sophie's interest. She was too worried about the fact she could feel another note in her pocket and for one she was panicking and very mad.

Then a thought came to her mind.

She spun to Fitz, "Fitz's, I need to get home." He looked at her, confused beyond belief. "What do you mean? We just got here?" He asks, Sophie pressed on. "Fitz, please! I just want to go home right now."

??? POV

"This is definitely NOT how it's supposed to go!" My sister hisses, Agent S sighs, "Clearly not, but they haven't told us to turn back. So it's fine." He said and I nod in agreement.

She frowns at me, I shrink back slightly, "What? I know we aren't...in the greatest terms back home but we have a job to do. Anyways, time has its design and we just follow it. If it didn't order anything to happen then we don't mess with it." I concluded. Agent S smirks, "Well said, sir," he said, giving a slight nod.

"Er, thanks." I said, turning back to Sophie and Fitz.

"Are you sure? We haven't introduced you yet to your new home." Sophie blinks.

New Home.

It felt like a stab through the chest, a new home. She remembers the first note she got, she knows she has to follow along but she cant right now. Sophie was gonna make a decision she knew she wouldn't regret...but that would hurt her family further down the line and she didn't want to do that to them.

Sophie took a deep breath, then she looks at Fitz, eyes filled with desperation and sorrow. "Please, Fitz. I can do all of this another day. Just do this for me." She begs. Fitz looks at her, worry flashes  through his teal eyes and he nods, sighing a bit then he holds the path finder up and takes Sophie's free hand.

As they proceed to leap, Sophie thinks about what to do next.

What will the note say?

Will she have some sort of free will? Nothing happened when she altered the course...maybe they were bluffing?

She was so caught up in her own thoughts she didn't even realize that they were already back at the Zoo parking lot. "Thank you," she said, turning to look at him.

He flashes a grin, "Your welcome."

"Are you gonna go home?" She asks, not knowing what will happen next.

Fitz shrugs, "I think I might have to talk to my dad about what to do next, we didn't actually think you were the girl."

Sophie nods, "Oh! Also, can you not mention this to anyone? My dad wouldn't like it if I brought you into the Lost Cities without permission first so."

"I promise, I won't tell a soul." She says, smiling. "Uhm, will I see you again?" He smiles, "Most definitely, I'll be here tomorrow." Sophie blinks, a smile quirking up. "How will I find you?"

Fitz smiles widen ever so slightly, "Don't worry, I'll find you."

And with that, he was gone again. Sophie took the nod out, hoping to find a clue when.

Dear Sophie,
Please remember this, cherish the time you have here with the humans. Your life will get messier. I'm sorry we got you into this mess, I wish we could do something about it, but we have to do our jobs. I believe you can persevere through this.

Agent B~

Sophie read that 2 more times, eyes welling up. They knew at least this was gonna be hard, at least they felt bad for her. She was gonna go through hell again, but at least she knows they care and someone knows.

Sophie pockets the note and runs back to the museum, hoping she wasn't to late.

Sophie, thankfully, actually got back to her group and wouldn't get into to much trouble. She got back when everyone was getting into the bus, so she managed to sneak on. Sophie took a deep tired breath as she opened the front door and dropped her bag, like it was normal.

But it wasn't, this could the last she ever will see her family again, like this. Just peaceful, no crazy wars, no kidnapping-

"Sophie? You home?" She looks up and sees her mom, frowning at her, she immediately felt tears gloss over her eyes. "Hi mom." She says, going over to her and giving her a big hug. She smiles and hugs her back, "Hi honey...are you okay?" Sophie shook her head, "I made some Fettuccine, wanna eat and talk about it?" Her mom asks and Sophie nods. Emma, took her daughter's hand and guided her into the kitchen and gave her a plate of warm, homemade, Fettuccine. Sophie grins and immediately dug in, it tasted a bit bland but it felt like home. An old home she would never get again...

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Her mother asks and Sophie just shrugs, "I just had a rough day...but I suppose that's everyday? Right?" She tries to joke but her mom just sighs, "Mom I'm alright, just like I said, I just had a bad day." Sophie said. Her mother just nods, getting a plate out for herself, dad and Amy. They were quite for a little bit, until someone came in, "Hey Soybean!" Sophie heard her dad say, patting her head and looking down at the food. "Oooh, yes! Fettuccine!" Amy exclaims, sitting next to Sophie as there mother gives her and her dad food.

Sophie smiles at her family when she notices Marty under the table. She scoops him up and into her arms, this felt nice. Sophie with her family and just talking, it felt so nice.

She was gonna miss all of this, all of it.

"Mom, dad, Amy?" Sophie spoke up and they all turned to look at her, "I just wanna say I love you guys so much."  She said. They all grim at her and Amy rolls her eyes playfully and leans onto Sophie shoulder, "We love you too"

1087 words

(A/n funnily enough, this was suppose to be more sad)