Twenty One. violet bruises

Start from the beginning

Mia turned her head in shock. She blinked again. "Really?"

"Yeah." he responded. He didn't know why he was confessing these things. Perhaps it was just in the moment. But it was true. "I know you think I didn't like you when you first came to the prison. Maybe a small part of me didn't. I was just so afraid of change. My whole life has changed. But then. . . I don't know. We talked and I learned more about you. You're just like me. You've seen things. Done things. I shouldn't judge you for that. You're so much more than just someone stuck in a tragic world. You helped me realize that about myself, too."

More tears fell down her face. She closed her eyes and sucked in a quiet breath. "I'm glad I came to the prison."

Carl smiled. "So am I."

A tap on the window is what caught their attention. Mia's sucked in a scared breath when she saw a man on the other side of the window. He was smirking at Carl, seemingly not seeing her in the backseat. He lifted up his knife. Mia slowly sat up. "Carl."

"Don't be afraid." He whispered but didn't take his eyes off the man.

That's when Mia heard another man's voice and she looked ahead of her to see a group of men pointing their guns at Rick and Michonne. One of them was counting down. She reached forward and put her hand on Carl's shoulder. He put his over hers and they squeezed each other's hands in fear.

"JOE!"

A rough voice stopped the countdown and Mia glanced out the other side of the window. It started with the crossbow, then to the familiar vest, and then her eyes stopped at his face and her eyes widened. "Daryl?" She said to herself.

It all happened so fast. Suddenly, Daryl was being thrown against the car and the men started to beat on him. Then, the man opened the car door and started pulling Carl out. That's when she snapped out of it. "No!"

She gripped onto his arm tightly and Carl tried holding onto her.

"Come here, boy!"

"Stop!" Mia shrieked with teary eyes, still holding onto the sleeve of his jacket.

The man eyed her and a sinister smirk appeared that have her the chills. "Ah, there's two of you."

She backed up and he opened the back door while keeping a firm grip on Carl. Mia let out a frightened noise when the grabbed her leg and pulled her out of the car. "No!" She screamed again.

"Come here !" He hissed and gripped the back of her neck.

"Leave them be!" Rick hollered when he saw the teenagers being dragged out of the car.

Mia felt one of the man tug on her and pull her into them. She shrieked once again and felt a cold metal being pressed to her head. She suddenly felt very dizzy and sick. It was all happening too fast.

The man wrapped one of his arms around her neck so she couldn't move. Mia was a small girl. She was a child. She had no power over him. He could easily kill her but Mia held onto his arm and tried to pry him away.

Carl was pushed to the ground by his capture. Mia thrashed around again. "No, leave him alone!" She cried out.

"Shut your mouth, girl!" The man holding onto her sneered in her ear and pressed the gun closer to her temple.

But she wouldn't give up. When the man got onto of Carl and the young boy tried figuring him away, a seeding anger ran through her and she stomped his foot. He yelled in pain. "Bitch!" He threw her to the ground.

Mia groaned when her face hit the gravel. She tried to get up and run but then she felt a heavy force grab and turn her over. "No!" She cried out and the man go on top of her and held her down. "Get off of me!"