She tells me im pretty, dunno how to respond.

Song title: valentine

As Wednesday waited in the lunch line, she heard fast footsteps coming closer and closer. Running toward her. Enid. Was her first thought.

"Wendsss!!!!" Enid exclaimed, hugging Wednesday from behind. The force almost made her tumble onto the floor, but she was prepared.

"Hello Enid." Wednesday said, turning around. Enid had a huge grin on her face, followed by a light blush. Which was definitely not her make up, "Wednesday!!! Are you going to sit with us?? Pleaseee!!" Enid said, her feet shuffling.

Wednesday looked down at her feet and back up at Enid. "Sorry. Habit." She said, stopping her shuffling. "Its not a problem to me. As
To your question, i would prefer to go eat in the dorm." Wednesday said. Enids grin turned into a small frown.

"I wouldnt mind your accompany. Thing isnt the best companion." Wednesday mumbled, moving further into the line. Enid followed, her hands resting on Wednesdays shoulders. "Eek! Okay!" The grin reappeared on Enids face, squeezing her shoulders lightly.

That reminded Wednesday that Enid was touching her. "3 seconds. Hands off." Wednesday said plainly. Enid giggled as she retracted her hands. "Sorry mrs. Bossy!" Enid said through her giggles.

"Mrs? Whos is my partner?" Wednesday asked, finally reaching the front of the line. She walked toward the variety she could choose from. "Me! You also say i am bossy sometimes!" Enid suggested. Wednesdays eyebrows raised and a tint of red appeared on her face. "...partner..?" Wednesday asked, her voice slightly shaky. She hated how her voice did that. How her voice betrayed her and showed even the slightest of emotion.

"Ye- oh wait that sounded- oh-uh-shit sorry that was very wrong-i meant sounded very wrong-" Enid stopped herself and just picked up her food and went to pay. Wednesday shook her head slightly before taking her portion of food and waiting in line behind Enid.

"Dont beat yourself up about it, Enid. I would prefer if it was me beating you up." Wednesday stated. Normally, her stomach would bubble with excitement at the thought, but this time it bubbled with...rage. Rage? Rage of someone hurting Enid, including herself?

Enids voice took her out of her thoughts. "Right! That would be stupid...wait! Not that i wouldn't mind dating you! I mean!" Enid groaned. Wednesday couldnt help but let a small smirk show on her face.

"Next." The person serving them said in a tired voice. Enid rushed over to the server, getting herself out of the awkward situation in a hurry.

—————————————————————————

In the dorm, Enid sat on top of Wednesdays desk as Wednesday sat on her chair. "This is very unnecessary. We both could of sat on my bed. It would of been more convenient." Wednesday said. Enid leaned in closer, inches away from Wednesdays face. "I just want to be closer to you!" She said, a flirtatious grin on her face. It was obvious she was flirting, but Wednesday remained oblivious.

Wednesday raised her eyebrows slightly, in a way to say 'what are you doing?'. Enids face turned red fast, her nails making a sound as they came out. Enid leaned back fast, hitting her head on the wall. "Are you alright, Enid?" Wednesday asked, refraining from showing a smirk. She knew Enid was flirting, but she wanted Enid to confess simple and plain. "Y-yeah..." Enid said, rubbing the back of her head. Wednesday suddenly felt a wave of guilt. She never felt anything. Let alone guilt.

"Let.. let me check if you hurt yourself badly. I wouldnt want anything other then me hurting you." Wednesday said. Enid got off of the desk hesitantly, a small pout on her face. She turned around and kneeled down so Wednesday could see. There was a bump medium-sized on her head. Wednesday touched it slightly. "Does that hurt, Sinclair?" She asked as she applied little pressure on the bump. "A little.." Enid mumbled.

Enid was panicking. Wednesdays cold, soft hand on the small bruise was making her blush ferociously. "Hm. It seems it wouldnt do any harm. Maybe a little pain near that area and a headache in the morning, but it wouldnt be too bad that you would have to miss school. What a shame." She added on. She didnt want Enid to think she cared about her, even if she secretly did.

"Th-thanks!" Enid thanked, crawling away from the goth.

—————————————————————————

After they finished their food, they sat there. Enid on the desk, swinging her legs slightly, and Wednesday sat on the chair, in-front of Enid. Sitting there in silence. Not one of them daring to even breath too loud. Enid coughed awkwardly.

"So..." she said, in an attempt to start a conversation. "So?" Wednesday answered, also chasing the idea of starting a conversation for the awkward situation to die out. "Uh-w-when do you think you are done with your uuhh novel..?" Enid asked.

Wednesday didnt like the idea of talking about her own accomplishments, but anything to get out of this awkward torture. "118 weeks and 4 days if i carry on with my schedule of 1 hour of writing per day." Wednesday replied. Enid hummed. "Does that mean i would get to read it in 118 weeks and 4 days?" Enid asked with a small smile.

"Maybe." Wednesday said with a little hesitation.

Enid smiled wider. "Really?" Enid asked.

Wednesday swallowed the lump in her throat. "It is quite bloody and very hard to read. I doubt you would make it through a fight scene without fainting." Wednesday stated.

"Is that a challenge, Addams?" Enid asked with a smirk. Wednesdays eyes narrowed. "If you take it to be." She said, moving slightly closer.

"You know i never back down on a challenge." Enid said, also leaning closer. They were inches apart, like before. This time Enid doesnt lean back and bang her head. None of them even acknowledged their closeness. "Well then, in 118 weeks and 4 days we would see who wins." Wednesday teased. "And i never lose." She said in a low voice, moving even closer with every word. Their noses bumped, making it known to both of them that they were very close. Very very close.

None of them moved. It was a silent battle. Whoever moved first would lose. Enids face slowly grew redder. Her crush on the goth was making it fairly hard. She swallowed, wanting to win this challenge. Wednesday moved even closer, an attempt to make her nervous. It was definitely working. But Enid still didnt back away. Instead she moved closer. Their lips almost brushed. Wednesdays eyebrows raised in shock. She didnt expect Enid to be so bold, after her other attempts of flirting.

Wednesday wanted to close the gap. And so did Enid. None of them dared to do it.

"Are you going to back out like the last times you tried flirting, Enid?" Wednesday asked with a slight smirk. Enids face turned impossibly redder. "...n- no.." Enid stuttered out, her neck and face was hot. "Then?" Wednesday asked, looking down at Enids lips. Enids stomach turned. Wow. The hold she has on Enid is strong. Wednesday held onto the back of Enids neck. Enid took in a deep breath and released it before finally leaning forward. Finally. They both thought.

Wednesday kissed her back, watching as Enid closed her eyes first. She followed after. They let their tongues mingle and fight with eachother. Enid pulled away, surprised Wednesday kissed her back. "You-you kissed me b-back?" Enid asked, more for herself then for Wednesday.

"Yes. I share the same feelings as you." Wednesday said before pulling her back in. Enid stopped her. "Wait. Does that mean we are-like-official?!" Enid asked excitedly. Wednesday smirked slightly. "Yes. I would like to be your partner if that is what being official means." Wednesday answered. Enid grinned before kissing Wednesday again. Wednesday let Enids hand reach her shoulder and let the other cup her cheek.

As soon as they pulled away, Enid laughed. Giggled. Wednesday never realised how much she liked Enid. How much she admired her. "Whats so funny?" Wednesday asked, frowning as there was no joke.

"N-no nothings funny its just im so happy! And- wow- you look really really pretty right now. Like so pretty." Enid blurted out. Wednesdays eyebrows raised slightly. Her face covered in a pink tint around her cheeks.

Wednesday swallowed. How does she react to someone complimenting her? Normally she would insult them. But its Enid. "Uh-uhm- i...you are also very attractive." Wednesday said. Enid laughed again.

Wednesday could never. Never in a million years get over Enids laugh.

And ,unfortunately, thats how she liked it.

1456 wordsss