19: She Can't Aim For Shit

Start from the beginning

"That's a fun kids game." Rory mumbled sarcastically.

"No, no." John B shook his head, "You're not going in the house alone."

Sarah squinted her eyes sarcastically, "Watch me."

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ reminded.

"Yeah, but she's probably, what, 85?" Sarah questioned sarcastically, "She's probably barely still kicking."

"I'll go with you." Kiara whispered to Sarah, as they both stood up to leave.

"Hey!" John B whispered to Sarah, "Be safe."

JJ smirked slightly, before turning to Pope and placing a hand on his cheek, "Be safe."

"I'll be so safe." Pope flirted sarcastically, "I'll be safe for you."

"Can you guys stop?" John B complained, "Stop! I'm gonna kill you."

Pope frowned, "But how will that keep us safe?"

"Rory!" Kiara whisper-yelled, "Rory, come on."

Before following Kie, Rory looked at her brother and her idiotic friends, "I'm serious, guys, Mrs Crain is a total nut-job, please don't get axed to death-"

"Come on, Rory." Kie held her hand and pulled her to catch up with Sarah, "Us girls have to stick together, right?"

The three girls made it to the front porch, trying their best not to make a sound. Sarah shone her flashlight the electric box,

"Where are the breakers?" She panicked.

Rory whisper-yelled, "I thought you said you saw it when you were a kid?"

"Yeah, when I was a kid." Sarah whispered sarcastically, as Rory scoffed.

"Guys, shut up." Kiara shushed, as she followed the wire with her torch, as it entered the building, "It goes inside."

Silently, Rory and Sarah followed Kiara inside of the house, which was pitch black. Kiara shone her torch up at the ceiling, following the wire to the breakers. The wire led them to a metal box on the wall, and Kie turned off the switches to the motion-detector lights.

Suddenly, the floor above them creaked and the grandfather clock started chiming. The three girls pressed their backs up against the wall, as Sarah peered around the corner nervously.

"Shit." Sarah whispered, "Do you think she heard us?"

The sound of footsteps broke the silence, as the three girl's watched Mrs Crail slowly walk downstairs. Rory covered her mouth,

"We're gonna die." She hyperventilated, "W-We're gonna die."

"We're not gonna die." Kie reassured, "We just need to leave now."

The thumping of Mrs Crain's walking stick echoed closer and closer, as the hoarse voice of the women growled,
"It's late, Leon. Too late."

Rory's eyes widened, as the old women walked straight past them, she covered her mouth so tightly she could hardly breathe.

"I can hear you, Leon." Mrs Crain croaked, as she suddenly turned around the the girl's, "I've been waiting all night!"

Sarah screamed, as they all ran away from the old women. Rory ran until she found a door, which had been nailed shut with wooden planks. She yanked on the door handle, trying to open it,

"JJ!" Rory screamed, knowing he wouldn't be able to hear her, but it was worth a try.

Mrs Crain screeched, as a cackled laugh escaped her lips. As Rory turned around from the door, a dark figure stood in front of her. Mrs Crain.

Rory dodged the axe that Mrs Crain swung at her, causing her to smash the glass instead. Thankfully,  Sarah and Kiara came sprinting around the corner. They'd managed to grab Aurora, and pull her away, as she gripped onto their hands tightly.

"Quick, in here!" Kiara panicked, as she shut the wooden door behind them and locked it, "Quick!"

"Are you okay?" Sarah panted, as she examined Rory, "Did she hurt you?"

"N-No." Aurora shook her head, and shut her eyes tightly, "We need-"

Suddenly, Mrs Crain screeched and an axe smashed into the wooden door. They all screamed, as they sprinted down into the basement to meet the boys.

"Guys!" Kiara shouted, "Mrs Crain's here! She tried to kill us with an axe."

"We gotta- We gotta get the fuck out of here." Rory stuttered in distress.

"We locked her in the parlour, but we gotta go!" Sarah insisted, "Right now!"

JJ nodded, as he shouted down the well, "Code Red! John B, get back up here!"

The Pogues grabbed the rope, as they tried to pull John B back up the well. John B repeatedly shouted, but his echoes were lost in the depth of the well.

BANG!!
The Pogues all ducked down, covering their ears from the gunshot. Mrs Crain appeared at the bottom of the staircase, repeatedly shooting at the walls around her.

"She can't aim for shit." Kiara whispered.

"She can't see." Sarah realised, "She's blind!"

BANG!!
JJ grabbed Pope on his way out of the basement, as they all sprinted out of the house.

"Quick!!" Sarah shouted, as they sat in the van, "John B!"

"Why are we always getting shot at?!" Pope stressed, "JJ, drive!"

"Run! John B!" Rory shouted at the boy, who was running after the van covered in mud. John chucked himself into the van, as everybody grimaced at the smell of him.

"Are you guys shot?!" JJ stressed, as he drove the van.

Kiara patted herself down, "I think I'd know if I were shot, right?"

"That bitch is possessed!" Pope panted.

Sarah nodded, "That bitch can't aim."

Rory looked down at her hand, which was holding Sarah's tightly. She realised and let go quickly, before Sarah smiled slightly at her.

Rory looked away from Sarah, and her eyes moved to John B- who was pulling something out of his pocket, "What is that?"

Kiara gasped, "No, you didn't."

"We did it, baby!" John B cheered, as he wiped the mud from the brick of gold, "I did it!"

"Oh my God!" JJ yelled, "Holy shit!"

"Shit! Holy shit!" Kiara screamed, as everybody joined in and chanted,

"Full Kook! Full Kook! Full Kook!"

a/n:
  this chapter had so much potential but i suck at writing action scenes :(
thank you for all the kind comments, they mean so much to me<3