Chapter 1 - A Mysterious Being

Start from the beginning

Thump.

At that moment, his heart pounded unnaturally hard. It felt as if his heart was about to jump out of his chest.

"Ngh....!?" However, that was the least of his concerns. His brain was violated by a sharp headache all of a sudden.

"A-Argh...!" He helt his head with both of his hands, trying to keep the pain in order, but it only got worse. His vision became blurry and darker as if his consciousness was getting sucked away into the darkness. His body was twitching, and his hands moved without his brain telling him to. It was---as if someone was trying to take over his mind.

At the same time, he saw visions flow into his mind.

"-----.-----.----" He heard sounds that weren't even resounding in the room. He saw things he had never seen before. Visions of a memories.....but also memories of someone that was not him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Ding! Dong!

The sound of the large bell resounded. At the same time, the students all closed their books and stood up from their seats. It was now the middle of the day, which meant lunch time for the students.

Every student in the classroom opened their bags and pulled out their respective lunch boxes to eat.

"Kurumi-san, do you want to eat lunch together?" Getting asked this question, the girl who this question was directed at, gave a smile and chuckled a bit.

"Is the answer not obvious? Of course, Sawa-san." The girl named Kurumi said so as she pushed her desk to connect with another desk.

The girl had pearly skin that shone softly in the light. She had long, silky black hair that were neatly tied into low twintails behind her back. Her eyes were glistening like rubies. She could only be described as a beauty.

The other girl, who was apparently named Sawa, a girl who was equally as beautiful as Kurumi, adorned with brown eyes and matching silky brown hair that were tied into two braids.

They sat down opposite of eachother, and opened their lunchboxes. A sweet aroma instantly escaped and filled the air around them. They both clapped their hands together and said "Itadakimasu" perfectly in sync.

After a while, wanting to jump a conversation, Sawa opened her mouth.

"Hey, Kurumi-san. Did you hear that scream earlier this morning?" When she asked so, Kurumi eyes stared at her in confusion.

"What scream are you talking about?"

"Uh...how do I explain..." A drop of sweat rolled down Sawa's cheek as she thought about it. Every morning, Sawa and Kurumi go to their school together. However, before she was about to ring at Kurumi's door, a screeching sound reverberated from the house on the other side of the street.

Shutter filled Sawa's spine, and she hurriedly rang the doorbell.

"That was the reason why you felt so uneasy this morning...."

"That's right! I was scared to death by that scream...!" Sawa cried out, making a face of someone who saw a ghost.

"That house....it was purchased by a foreigner many years ago, before I was even born...ever since that day, that person never returned again. That's how mother described the house. Are you certain it was that house? And maybe not someone in the area screaming?"

"I am 100% confident it came from the house. There was no one around in the morning, so it couldn't be anyone else. Not to mention, the windows were completely painted black. The sunlight didn't illuminate the room at all...! Uuh....I feel cold just thinking about it."