His father moved so fast that Kyungsoo didn't even realise until his left cheek was bright red and burning. His mother gasped, letting the first noise slip out of her mouth since Kyungsoo had entered the room.

He touched a hand to his tender cheek, wincing a little when it stung.

When he spoke, his father's voice was barely a whisper. 'Don't you dare speak to me like that again,' he warned, his voice shaking with fury. 'As of tomorrow, you'll be attending Shinjeon Boarding School in Incheon. I'm sure they'll do a brilliant job of straightening you out.'

~

Kyungsoo laid on his bed, legs dangling over the edge and his body propped up by his elbows.

He couldn't believe it. They were actually going to send him to Shinjeon?

The all boys' boarding school was notorious for the harsh level of discipline and the unfathomably complex lessons.

He would never admit it to his parents, but the only reason he didn't pay attention in class was because he hated school. He thought it was a useless waste of his precious time, which could be otherwise spent reading or surfing the internet.

Suddenly, a thought entered his mind. He pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts for one person in particular. Byun Baekhyun. He tapped the green telephone.

He and Baekhyun had been the best of friends during their childhoods, having known each other since they were toddlers. They were inseparable, up until the distressing time when Baekhyun had moved to Incheon due to his father's new job offer.

With his mother and father constantly working to earn as much money as possible, Baekhyun spent countless days and nights alone in the house. This lead to the decision for him to be enrolled into Shinjeon boarding school, where he could at least be with boys his age at all times.

After a few rings, the said boy answered cheerily. 'Yo, Kyungsoo! Long time no see!'

'Not for much longer,' Kyungsoo groaned, collapsing face first onto his bed as his elbows gave way. 'I'm being shipped off to your school like an unwanted parcel tomorrow.'

'What? Why?'

'Grades.'

Baekhyun hummed through the phone. He knew how Kyungsoo felt about school.

'Don't worry too much about it though, it's decent here,' he said.

'Are you sure?' Kyungsoo asked with uncertainty. 'Is it as bad as they say it is?'

'No way! It's so carefree, you could get away with murder,' Baekhyun replied enthusiastically, shocking Kyungsoo immensely. It wasn't strict and demanding?

'I guess it won't be so bad after all,' he mumbled, more to himself than to Baekhyun.

'So what time are you arriving?'

Kyungsoo sighed and rolled over onto his back. 'I don't know. Probably in the morning, since my dad will no doubt want to get rid of me as soon as possible.'

'Your old man still scares me so please don't bring him to meet me,' Baekhyun begged.

Kyungsoo laughed and replied, 'I won't. I have a feeling we won't be on speaking terms for a while.'

'Well I'll meet you at the entrance tomorrow morning. Let me know when you're here,' Baekhyun said.

'I will do. See you tomorrow,' Kyungsoo said and hung up.

~

The small, owl eyed boy stared up at the school before him. It wasn't so bad, although it still looked like something out of the eighteenth century.