The flight

Kind of a filler chapter for you to breathe for a moment after this rollercoaster in the last chapters and before the story continues. Enjoy. x

"We got everything?" Louis walked into the hallway with the last suitcase where Ava was sitting on a trolley dangling her legs in the air while humming a song from an ad.

"Yup, yup." She chirped not even half listening.

"Do you also have Mr. Buttons?" Louis asked with raised eyebrows and Ava gasped jumping up in horror. "That's what I thought." He muttered as she screeched and dashed up the stairs like a maniac.

"Okay, the windows are closed, all electrical devices are turned off apart from the fridge and everything is cleaned up." Harry appeared next to Louis who grabbed the car keys. "Do we really need so much stuff?" He frowned counting the suitcases that were standing in a row next to the door.

"Uh, yes. One for Ava. Two for you. And two for me, plus my work equipment and suits." Louis said. "We don't know how long we are actually away, so we have to be prepared for everything."

"Lou, we can literally buy everything in New York if we'd ever lack on anything." Harry said with raised eyebrows just as Ava came racing back into the hallway panting heavily with Mr. Buttons- her stuffed dog- securely in her arm.

"Now we can go. Mr. Buttons is here." She gasped before plopping down on the floor to slide on her shoes in lightening speed.

"Wait, did you give Zayn the key?" Harry checked directed to Louis.

"No, we go now!" Ava jumped up and stomped her foot impatiently.

"Ava, behave." Louis said sternly. "Yes, he will grab the mail twice a week and water the plants."

"Okay, let's go." Harry nodded and opened the door. Ava raced outside past him as he grabbed one of his suitcases, but Louis ripped it out of his hand after punching in the security code for the alarm system.

"Don't you dare." He threatened. "Get in the car."

"Fine." Harry grumbled and stepped outside. "Which one anyway?"

"The Rover. Try getting all the suitcases in the other cars." Louis snickered from the hallway.

"Hurry up!" Ava demanded and ripped on the car door repeatedly but to no use because it was still locked.

"Ava, stop it now or we go without you and you stay home with uncle Zee and auntie Sierra." Harry glared at her and she pouted.

"But I wanna fly!" She whined.

"The plane won't depart earlier no matter when we arrive there, bub." Harry said softly and opened the car door for her to climb inside after Louis unlocked it.

"Still." Ava grumbled. "You excited, papa?"

"I am. I've never traveled by plane." Harry smiled.

"Me too!" Ava gasped. "We're both newbies, papa!"

"We are." Harry laughed.

He buckled her up and got in the passenger seat while Louis loaded the trunk with their luggage before sliding in the driver's seat.

"Ava, are you really sure you have everything?" He checked again glancing in the rearview mirror and Ava nodded. "Last chance."

"Yes, I've everyfing, daddy." She confirmed.

"Okay, then." Louis said and drove off their property.

"Do you think everything will go right?" Harry asked quietly.