Chapter 52

The nine lances and Sylvie flew quietly through the night sky. Their destination, the floating castle, their mission, take back control. To keep their mana usage to a minimum and avoid detection they were riding a variety of mana beasts, with the exception of Arthur and Sylvie who could use mana undetected. To further conceal themselves they were all wearing black and did not speak, not that they needed to. The plan was made prior to their departure, so now it was only a matter of carrying it out.

Varay, Pasta, Mica, and Tess entered through the lower mana beast entrance. Surprisingly the hanger doors were wide open, but no one was inside, not even a single mana beast. Tools and supplies were still out and the lights were still on, as if they just stopped what they were doing and walked off.

Barion, Elijah, Aya, and Jasmine landed on the balcony leading to the ballroom. However as they opened the doors the were met with a far more gruesome sight. At least a hundred Alacryan soldiers dead. Some skewered with black metal, some even pinned to the wall. Others completely dismembered with barely any blood dripping from them. And a collection of others, their bodies melted to the point where it was questionable if they were ever human. Lastly, atop the stage was a horned woman with black splotches looking like she was crucified as she was nailed to the wall bay black metal spikes with her arms outstretched.

Arthur and Sylvie landed on a balcony close to the teleportation gate room, and started to make their way through the halls.

"There's a Vritra blood mage here, I can feel their decay mana," Sylvie observed.

"Gotcha, Regis."

Regis then jumped out of Arthur's body and took point. As they came to an intersection to the hall leading to the teleportation gate, they found multiple Alacryan soldiers dead in the ground. They all either had black splotches, or signs of a blade being used on them.

"These guys were running away when they were attacked," Arthur mused.

"What do you think happened? Seris?" Regis questioned.

"Let's go ask," Arthur replied.

Ahead of them was the gate room, which was wide open and the gate was active. Arthur could feel the mana of several powerful individuals, but none powerful enough to be Seris. The three of them stopped in the doorway to see the three maids from earlier, but this time they were wearing matching black battle robes.

"Hello ladies," Arthur greeted. "I take it that was your handy work?" He asked, pointing behind him.

"The retainer who was in charge here refused to swear her loyalty to lady Seris," one maid replied flatly.

"And after she attacked us we had no choice but to eliminate her and her forces," continued another.

"I see. So Seris is really committing to this whole overthrowing the Vritra plan," Arthur said.

"She would never shy away from such a noble cause," the third shot back aggressively. "Now is the most opportune time to end this."

"That is, if you are still committed?" The second asked.

"Killing Agrona is mutually beneficial for us, as long as Seris keeps her word about withdrawing Alacrya's forces after she takes over."

"Lady Seris always keeps her word. The war in Dicathen will end peacefully after Agrona's death. Alacrya will have nothing to gain from continuing, and peace will be the most logical conclusion," the first replied.

"Then I guess I just need to know when to go," Arthur said with a smile.

"Very good," the first said with a nod. "In three days Lady Seris' disciple shall meet you at the gate you identified."

All or Nothing On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara