thirteen

Neteyam POV

I swim over to my family and they look at me with disbelief. "My son? Neteyam is that you?" My mom says and I nod yes and she pulls me into a huge hug. "My baby I thought you where dead." The rest of the family pulls me in but I notice someone missing, Azula. "Guys where is Azula?" I questioned and their eyes grow large.

"I- i don't know. She got trapped down their. I couldn't  reach her."

"What! I'm going down to get her. S-she can't be dead"

"Neteyam... We just got you back. I don't want to see you dead. I love Azula, you know that but she has been under for far to long..."

"No-no I don't believe you. She save me now I have to save her. I love her guys, like I am in love with her and nothing is going to stop me from finding her?"

"She saved you."

"Look my wound is healed and the only other person around me when I was like dead beside you guys was Azula."

Before they could get out of their shocked trans I dived into the water. I wasted enough time as it is. I tried using the breathing method she shown me, about lower your heart rate but my heart was raising. I can't lose her, not like this.

I swim into the boat and then I spot her. She must of drifted out of her original spot. I swim over and grab her. I tap of her face gently but she isn't waking. No. NO. This is not happening. Azula is a fighter. She will not die, not today, not any time soon.

I put my shoulder under her arms and try to pull her up. I'm losing my breathe as well and I don't think we will make it. Until I see the people I love come swimming towards us. Spider and dad put their arms around me while Lo'ak and mom grabbed Azula.

We pull out of the surface. Spider and dad start to ask me questions but I don't have time for this. Azula isn't breathing. "I'm fine but Azula is not. She isn't breathing? Where is she." I say surveilling the area until I spot the on the same rock I almost died on.

I swim over to them quickly and see Lo'ak doing CPR on her chest. I don't even have to time to feel jealously when he does mouth to mouth on her. Lo'ak looks at us before repetitively shaking his head. I let a mix of a cry and a scream out as I rush to her Spider puts a hand on my shoulder, "it's okay bro."

Is he stupid. It is not okay. If he new anything about Azula, he would know this is not okay. I look at my beautiful love in pure sadness. The rest of the family is also crying and Tuk is on the other side of her.

I pull her lip body towards mine when I hear a small whisper, "Neteyam?" "Azula? Hey Azula stay with me." I say turning towards the group before continuing, "Guys I heard her. She is alive." Mom and dad glance at each other before pulling me away from the body. "Neteyam she is gone." Mom says softly before I protest, "Your wrong. I heard her, please listen. She is alive."

Why aren't they listening to me. Why. I struggle against their arms but I won't give up. I heard her say my name. I swear...

Dad pulls me onto his creature as I still sob. I hear dad whisper to to the chief for someone to take her body. She is not dead. Why is everyone talking like she is dead.

We make it back to the island with my protest. Immediately dad takes me to to hut thinking I am mentally unstable. I have always be unstable, I don't get why now matters so much.

Dad talks to the chief and I hear them talk.

"Her body was gone."

"What? A body can't just disappear."

"Her stuff is still there so it wasn't the tide that took her."

"Your not telling me what you think you are?"

"We suspect that your son was right. Azula was not dead. We are putting out all our warriors to look for her but you know Azula. If she doesn't want to be found, she won't."

"We have to keep this from my son. Even the slightest hope will crush him again if Azula didn't actually make it or worse. Azula doesn't want to see us anymore."

Azula could be alive? How could they try and keep this from me. I need to go look for her right now. She would want me to. She really wouldn't but I need to do it anyways. Acting like I had not heard their conversation I tell my dad I am going out to the beach. As dad looks at my sad complexion he cannot say no.

Once I get far away from everyone I get on my ilu and venture out back into the ocean. I scream out her name for what seems like hours, what probably was hours because it was now dark. I was about to give up when I saw a familiar Tulkin, Payakan, and on top of him was the most beautiful girl ever, Azula. She was lying on her stomach hopefully alive.

I immediately swim over to the two. I see Azula's eyes closed and I begin to cry. Was I really imagining her speak? No that can't be. I slowly back away from the wall when I hear her voice again, "Neteyam? Why are you leaving me?" My eyes grow large and I glance at Azula. He eyes are opened and she stares at me with exhaustion.

I run over to her, kneeling beside her body. I watch as she struggles to sit but so I help her. I lie her body on mine as I play with her hair still crying. "Neteyam please don't cry. I had enough crying today. I though you were dead..." I laugh at her statement. She wasn't a once concerned about her herself.

"They are tears of joy, my love. I thought you where dead. Also thank you for saving me. Honestly I don't even get how you did it. You really are one special Na'vi Azula." I say to her as I hug her. Not knowing if Payakan was allowed close to the village still, I use my necklace to contact dad.

Azula gives me a look of distaste when I use it but I really need to tell he where we are. My family is probably worried sick about us.

Now war is finally over and I can live in peace. I can live happily with my family and the person I am in love with.

A/N

AHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAHAHA

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE THE EPILOGUE SO DONT MISS OUT<3

ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT ON THIS STORY!! ILY GUYSS!

QUESTION OF THE DAY??

What is your least favourite subject in school?

Mine is French😭😭 All y'all Canadian girlys will get it😭😭😭 The struggle is real. Imma start having to step up my Doulingo game up. 💀