five

Azula POV

The next morning I was woken up by Reya. How does she even have this much energy in the morning. "Come one! Everyone's waiting for you already!" She says before pushing me out of my comfy hammock. "Give me a second I'll be right there."

When I get into the water I spot the Sullys waiting in the water for me. I look around but I only spot three of them, "where is Kiri? Shouldn't she be here?" I question but they are as clueless as always. "I'll be back. I'm just going to make sure she is alright."

I haven't talked to Kiri that much but from what I can tell, she gets distracted easily and is most likely in the water somewhere. As I swim around I spot Kiri staring at one of the glowing mushrooms and I tap her on the shoulder, pointing towards the surface because she has yet to learn what Neteyam calls 'finger talk.'

"Are you alright Kiri?" I ask her as she day dreams. "Yes I am already. The ocean is very beautiful isn't it. The creatures are one of a kind." She says final turning her attention towards me. "It's beyond beautiful. I could just stare at it for hours. Your siblings are learning how to ride ilu, if you want you can join. Unless you would like to stay here?" "Ill stay here if you don't mind." She says giving me a cheeky smile.

As I swim back to the group I notice Reya helping Lo'ak and Aonung helping Tuk while Neteyam watches. "Don't you want to learn?" I ask him as he is laughing at his brothers failed attempts. "Yeah but I thought I would wait for you. You are the best teacher aren't you." He says giving me a side smile. "Well I guess we should go in then."

Once we distanced ourselves from the others giving enough space to practice. I call one of the ilu and go into teacher mode. "Ilu are not like ikran. They are kind creatures and do not try to hurt you. It is exactly like riding a ikran but you have to just hold on tight I guess." I tell him as he stares into my eye with amazement?

"Is there anything you are bad at?" He laughs. "I'm bad at making friends. Oh- and little kids don't count." I say and he bursts out in laughter. "Consider me your friend then." He says with a smile but as soon as he says it he seems to register what he just said and his smile falls a bit. "Wow my first friend!" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Hold onto this and don't let go or your going to flying off like your brother." I say as he connects his queue. I grab his hand and put it on the strap. As I stand beside him I whisper softly, "don't let go."

His first attempt was a complete fail. He got launched off immediately. The others and I couldn't hold back our laughter. When he resurfaced the water he grumbled. "I told you not to let go." I yell towards him.

The rest of the time went well. Slowly Neteyam wasn't flying off immediately and  he was actually getting okay at it. Dinner time was near so we let the ilu do there thing while we get prepared to eat.

"Where you as bad as us when you first came here?" Neteyam asked. With my senses strengthened along with me becoming closer with nature, riding an ilu came easy to me. "No I was actually very good at it but don't let that discourage you. When Aonung tried riding my ikran, flare, without my permission he fell off in the middle of the air and everyone thought he was dead." I laugh recalling the memory, "He hated both me and flare after that."

I look over at the tables with people and I notice Tuk isn't sitting with the rest of the Sullys but instead is with the rest of the kids. "Your really good with them. Thank you for making Tuk happy." Neteyam says as he grabs my hands making me face him. "Tuk is a very special girl." I reply before having to pulling away or else my cheeks would heat up before we split up to go out separate ways.

Neteyam POV

I watch as Azula sits by herself again and it seems I have caught Tsireya eye because she walks towards me. "Azula seems to be in a better mood after you guys came. She normally doesn't talk to anyone besides the kids, not even me." I glance at her confused. Azula wasn't really joking when she said she was bad at making friends. "Why?" I question. Tsireya seemed to grow uncomfortable with that question, like she wasn't sure if she should tell me or not so she kept it short and simple, "Azula had a rough childhood. She never really had the chance to talk to others and I guess her old habit stuck."