Volume 1 Chapter 13: The Dual

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ozpin: Thank you. Enjoy your afternoon.

He walked on ahead and I narrowed my eyes. There was something going on with Y/N. First he was always tired, then when we asked what was wrong he'd brush us off. And now Ozpin wants to ask him about some rumors?

Ruby: Yang? 

Yang: Huh? 

Ruby: Are you okay? 

Blake: You were spacing out for a minute there.

Yang: Let's talk about it back in the dorm.

3rd Person POV: 

Meanwhile at Glynda's combat class, where Y/N and Team DVANT were watching the match between two students. One of these fights was Fox, who was blind, defeating another student.

 One of these fights was Fox, who was blind, defeating another student

Glynda: The winner is Fox Alistair.  

Fox then bowed as the students clapped. 

Y/N: Wow, for a blind guy he took that student down.

Nikki: That's Fox for ya, relies on his other senses rather than his eyes. 

Glynda: (checks her tablet) Now then, we have time for one more pair. Who would like to go?

Vali: I will. (walks up to the stage) And with your permission, Miss Goodwitch, I would like to choose my opponent. 

Glynda: Of course. 

Týra: I wonder who's he picking. 

Arcturus: I'm guessing he would choose Dean.

Dean: I wouldn't be sure about that. 

Vali: I would like to fight (point at Y/N) Y/N Rose. 

Everyone was surprised by this. A second student challenging a first year? 

Y/N: You want to fight me? 

Vali: That's right. 

Dean: That's new. 

Týra: Is it wise for a first year student to fight a second year? 

Nikki: First or second, they are still students. I say let them fight. 

Y/N: Alright then. 

They go off to change into their combat clothes and both got in the opposite sides of each other in the area. Dean was excited while Arc, Nikki and Týra were a bit concerned as to what these two could do.

Glynda: First person to run out of aura, looses. You both may begin when ready.

Y/N: So, I'll be facing you now? Heh. May the best devil hunter win.

Vali: I plan too. 

Y/N: (draws Rebellion) You promise me a party, and that's what I want! (charges at Vali)