Jock 5 - Santiago

I was very surprised that Zach was dressed up nicely for our first tutoring session. He was wearing dark jeans and a nice button-up shirt. His hair looked like he ran his hands through it repeatedly. Something he only does was he's extremely nervous.

I didn't fully understand the reason but hey! He might have a date afterwards. Who knows, I certainly don't. I did notice that he kept glancing at my shoulder though. And the t-shirt that kept sliding down didn't help either. That got Zach thoroughly distracted; something that secretly pleased me to no end. Not that I would ever tell him of course.

In the beginning, it was all fun and games until we got to the point with the stuff he was really struggling with. After a while, he would give up trying to understand, he would huff and pace around the room for a good five minutes. When he got that out of his system he would sit back down again and we would start again from the beginning. When he finally got the hang of it; things went very well we did all his homework within two hours!

We were having a little talk about his last game when the doorbell rang, him being who he is he didn't get up, so I went to answer the door. Apparently our cousin Emily is coming to stay; nobody knew of her visit so I guess she decided to just drop by.

Knowing Shirley she wouldn't have a guest bedroom ready for Emily so she was given my room. This meant that Zach and I would share a room again, and since it was all so short notice we didn't have the time to divide his room. So that left us with the only possibility of sharing Zach's king-sized bed. Zach looked a bit uncomfortable at the prospect, but and I quote: "I rather have Tiago in my bed than Emily." An awkward silence followed; nobody knew what to say so we just left it at that.

Since Shirley was busy making plans with Emily for her stay, I went up to my room to grab the stuff I would need for the next few days and dump them in Zach's room. I grabbed a few pairs of boxers, some socks and a bunch of t-shirts and a couple of clean pants. The rest wasn't really needed. I don't really brush my hair, or if I feel like it I will borrow Zach's brush.

So I made my way to Zach's room I could hear mumbling, probably Zach on the phone with Kev. He is always on the phone with either Kev or someone else from his basketball team. He had his back on me when I heard him say; "You know my weird cousin Emily, right? Yeah, that's the one, she's back..... Yeah, I don't know for how long this time."

That made me pause, his tone of voice hinted that something happened the last time she was over and it wasn't good. As he talked softer something he sometimes did when he had the need for secrecy I have no idea why, I leaned forward, making the floorboard crack and alert Zach to my presence. To my surprise, he just waved me in and finished his conversation.

Dropping my stuff on his desk, I said; "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation about Emily. Did something happen the last time she was over? Something I should know about?"

Instead of answering my question Zach just sighed and flopped on his bed looking up at the ceiling. I waited awhile for him to answer, but as he wasn't going to give me an answer soon I get my stuff ready for my shower.

I was just about to step outside the door when Zach decided to talk; "The last time Emily was here she got into an argument with Carter. You know how much of a hothead Carter can be right?"

Oh yea, I know how much of a hothead Carter can be since I outran him at the gym the other day.

"Well anyway for some reason Carter and Emilygot into this big argument about him not being tough enough or something toclimb the fence that we share with the Willows family." Making me grimace; inall the time I have been here I only met the Willows from next door once. Itwasn't a good intro either; they were very closed off and hostile, not onlytowards me but also to Zach. According to Zach, they have been this way for aslong as he can remember.