・♡『Part Fifty -Eight』♡・

Skipping into the store, she looked around to find where to go. After a quick wander through the isles, she came upon the shelves filled with boxes of gaming consoles. Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and other boxes.

Which one do I pick? Which is better? She glanced back and forth at the different boxes. Picked one off the shelf. Read the box. Put it back, and read the other. Putting back the second box, she returned to glancing between them. Maybe I should find someone to help me.

Walking out of the isle, she looked around for a staff member. With none in sight, she zig-zagged around the shop to find one. The wide doorway came into view. Next to it stood the checkout and two staff men behind it in the middle of a conversation.

She walked towards them but stopped dead in her tracks when a familiar face entered the store. Her heart jolted. She dashed to hide in an isle before Levi could look over and see her.

Crouched down, body tense, she whispered under her breath, "Shoot. Shhoot! What do I—" She peeked around the corner. Her stomach twisted at the thought of making eye contact with him.

With him nowhere in sight, her hands began to tremble. I have to get out of here! Without him seeing me! She stared at the door, so close, but Levi's unknown whereabouts had her frozen to the ground. Where is he?

Her heart pounded as she stepped out of the isle. Peering around the corner into the adjacent isle, she held her breath.

Levi stood in the middle of the isle, staring down at the video game case in his hands. He faced the shelves, the same side she peered around.

She ducked back as fast as she could. Believing he must have seen her, she raced down the isle to get away from him. At the other end, she looked back and stopped when he didn't round the corner. Looking back the other way, her breath hitched in her throat and her heart hit the floor.

He passed in front of her. An arms length away. She trembled. His head hung down, his entire focus still on the case.

She didn't move, but kept her eyes on him. Expecting him to look up and recognise her, she thought about running, but knew she wouldn't be able to make her feet move if the situation arose. She bit her lip to keep her jaw from trembling as if any tiny movement would alert him to her presence.

As soon as he walked past, out of sight behind the other side of the isle, she turned and bolted. Out of the shop. Into the crowd. She weaved around the walking people. In the food court, she slowed down and calmed.

I'll wait for him to leave, she told herself. She had no other plans other than pick out a gaming console.

Looking around, her eyes landed on the green and yellow glowing sign. 'Subway.' She stood in the short line, and when it came her turn, she ordered a six inch BLT. Sitting at an empty table, she ate her sub, looking around at the diverse crowd of people.

Friends chatting. Families arguing. Kids running around and being screamed at by their parents to calm down. A baby crying in the distance. Everyone shuffling around, pushing through gaps to get where they need to go. The sounds from all the restaurants joining in on the loud atmosphere. Beeps. Dings. Clanks. Steam and fryers. Drink machines pouring into cups. Servers shouting orders.

Laughter. People shouting to be heard. Chairs scrapping across the floors. Hundreds of different conversations at once. A lot of 'excuse me's and 'sorry's. 'Thank-you's exchanged for food.

So many different warm delicious scents. Foods of all kinds cooking and being served.

She enjoyed her sub and scrunched the empty wrapper up in her hand. Despite slowly eating for about fifteen minutes, she stayed sat at the table, wanting to waste more time before returning to the store, giving Levi plenty of time to leave.

Pulling out and opening her phone, she stared at her apps, wondering what she should do. Her first thought went to texting Briella or Jada, but since she last saw them a week ago, when they found out about Levi's abuse, she hadn't talked them much, afraid they would bring it up again. I definitely don't want to deal with that now if they decide it's the right time to do it.

Next, she thought about Jensen. She opened up his messages. They talked a lot over the past week. Phone calls too.

She stared at the blinking line, wondering what to say. I could just say 'Hi.' That's started our conversations before. She typed out the two letter word and pressed send. Staring at the screen, she realised he might be busy, and would have to wait awhile for his reply.

Her finger tapped on the contact labeled 'Mum' and the previous messages opened up. Before she could think up a text, she decided against it, knowing what would happen. Like every other time, she would send a text and her mother would reply with a phone call. Renna would then be stuck talking to her for hours, with her asking a million questions, wanting to know everything that has happened in the last week since they spoke last. She didn't have time for that now.

And if she talked to her dad, her mum would find out somehow and take over the conversation.

She closed her messages, and flicked back and forth between the pages of apps on her phone. I really need to delete some. She looked at all the games; some hadn't been opened in months, others for longer.

Not finding anything interesting, she stood from the table, tucked in her chair, and walked back towards the gaming shop. I'll just walk slow.

 I'll just walk slow