・☆《Part Thirty-Five》☆・

She reached over to grab the phone. As she read the text, her smile faded away. Opening the three messages, a knot formed in her stomach.

'Babe thats not how I wanted things 2 go and I promis if u come bac ill make it up 2 u. We can get past thiis.its not the end of the world.your better than this .please dont ruin what we hav over 1 small thing. i kno im capable of putting this behind us and I hope u can do the same. i love u so much! Ur beautiful and amazimg and I cant lose some1 like u.'

Based on the time, the first text came though during her shower.

"What is it?" Jensen asked, noticing her demeanour shift.

Still staring at the message, she answered, "It's Levi."

"What does he want?" She could hear the anger and annoyance lacing his voice, and she was sure she ruined a friendship.

"He can't lose me and wants me to go back."

Jensen scoffed.

She read the second and third messages that he sent after no reply for the first.

'If u want to b mad and ignor me tonite that's ok I'll talk to u tm I forgive u and I hope u can forgive me'

'Good nite babe❤️'

"Oh, and good news." She placed her phone face down on the bed. "He forgives me."

"He forgives you?! For what?"

She looked down at her hands in her lap and fiddled with the edge of the blanket. "Maybe 'cause I...uh...I sort of...bit him and kicked him in the...the crotch to get him off me."

"So what? He clearly deserved it. Or more." He paused, staring ahead of himself, disappearing into his mind momentarily. "I can't believe I've been friends with him for four years."

She couldn't tell if he was angry at Levi or himself.

He continued, "I knew he could be a douche, especially to girls, but I never thought he could be this big of an ass." His jaw clenched as he ground his teeth together. "How could I not have truly known him until now? How could I have been so god damn blind?"

She shuffled in the bed to turn to face him. "He hid it from you. It not your fault."

"I just can't believe him. Four years we've been friends and roommates, and I never thought he was the type of person to force himself on a girl."

She wondered if she should reach out and comfort him. Even though she had been the one to deal with Levi's worst side, she could only imagine the loss and shock Jensen must have felt. Discovering his best friend had a hidden dark side. It couldn't be easy.

"He's disgusting." He kept his gaze focused on the TV where the movie trailer had stopped playing. "I don't even want to face him because he wouldn't know that I know, but I have to go back. I live there."

Renna paused to give her idea more consideration but it didn't take her long to decide to go with it. "You can sleep here tonight," she suggested, hoping she wouldn't regret it.

He blinked and shook his head as if he broke out of a trance. Looking at her, he took a moment to process her words before replying. "Er, no," he said, climbing off the bed. "I should head back now. I mean, I have to eventually. May as well get it over with."

Sitting up straight as he made his way to the door, she asked, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He paused in the doorway. "Would it be okay if I dropped by tomorrow to check how you're doing?"

Looking down to try hide her blushing cheeks, she said, "Yeah. Okay. Sure." She straightened up. "Just promise me you won't do anything stupid."

He smiled. "Sorry. No promises." Then, he was gone.

She heard the front door click shut and she exited out of the movie, more exited to continue watching Lucifer than the Christmas movie.

Tasting her coffee, she realised she never told Jensen how she liked it and he had added sugar. Still, despite her disliking for the too sweet beverage, she finished the cup before switching off her lamp, blowing out the candle, snuggling under the blankets, and drifting off to sleep before the episode had finished playing.

 Still, despite her disliking for the too sweet beverage, she finished the cup before switching off her lamp, blowing out the candle, snuggling under the blankets, and drifting off to sleep before the episode had finished playing