・♡『Part Twenty-Six』♡・

Placing her phone to her side, she reached over to grab the remote sitting next to the empty takeout boxes. She scrolled through the movies on Netflix to find another movie to watch. It didn't take long to choose 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before'.

While the movie began, her phone buzzed. A text from Briella.

'Alright. No problem. Everything
going okay wit you?'

'Yeah. Everything is good.
How's your date?'

'Fantastic. We've agreed we
don't connect on a romantic
level but we're still having
fun.'

Levi swung the door open, causing Renna to jump. He wore a black towel around his hips. Water dripped down his bare skin. Renna looked away.

"Who ya talking to, huh?" he said, standing at the end of the bed, holding the towel with one hand while the other hand rested on his hip. "Someone I should be worried about?"

Renna didn't look up as she answered. "I'm texting with Briella." She typed her reply.

'Is something wrong? Why
don't you connect?'

Levi turned and pulled open his drawers. "What are you saying about me?"

"Nothing."

"Then, why so jumpy?"

"You scared me."

Bzz. Bzz.

'No nothing wrong. Just
better as really close friends.
We're getting ice cream at the
moment. Having fun. Wyd?'

"So, what are you talking about?" His towel dropped and Renna looked at the wall to avoid seeing him in her peripheral vision.

"Her date with Jensen."

"Are they on their way home?"

"No, they're getting ice cream." Turning a little to the side, she typed.

'Nothing. Watching movies.'

She could hear him digging around in his drawers for clothes. "So, she just texted you out of the blue to tell you she was getting ice-cream?"

"No, I texted her."

"To say what?" She noticed a slight bitter tone beneath his words.

"That I'm staying the night so she doesn't have to pick me up."

"Wouldn't she know that already. She dropped you off, didn't she? She would have seen your bags."

Bzz. Bzz.

'Is he behaving?'

She hesitated with both of them, and answered Briella first. 

'Yes.'

He stopped when I said stop. Sort of. He behaved. It's not a lie.

She took a peak to check if she could stop looking at the wall, but found him still to be half naked. "But I wasn't sure when I...I..."