𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

This book is being rewritten under a new title "Silently Drowning", although nothing is happening to this book or the series that goes with it, I do suggest reading the rewritten version.

Alessia Ferrari

"Hey... Fifi? Are you okay?" Luca asked as I zone out for the fourth time since we started this conversation twenty minutes ago.

"Yeah, I'm just exhausted." Maybe I lied.

"Do you want to go take a nap?" He asks, his face is filled with concern.

"No, I'm fine... really." Sleep doesn't help when it's your soul that is tired.

Luca hesitantly nods almost like he's not sure if he can believe me or not. "Do you hate me?" His sudden question confused me.

"Why would I hate you?" I question as my eyebrows scrunch together.

"Because of him." Normally his name wouldn't bother me too much but right now? I'm glad he chose not to say it.

"Why would I hate you because of him? Someone else's actions don't fall on you when you didn't even know, I never told you."

"But I should have known... Maybe if I had tried harder... If you trusted me..." He began to ramble while running his fingers through his raven black hair.

"Luca, It wouldn't have changed anything. Trust or not he was your friend and I wouldn't have wanted to stand in the way of your happiness."

"My happiness? Are you serious Alessia? Do you think I'm happy knowing my best friend was harming my own sister right under my fucking nose?" Luca's voice raised slightly.

"You're right... I'm sorry."

"No Fifi... I'm sorry."

"What's going on out here?" Alessandro's sudden voice made me jump, I need to put a bell around my brother's neck at this rate, I'm beginning to question if he even goes home.

"Just talking." I say with a pointed glare towards Luca, hoping he got the message that I really don't want to drag this conversation on longer than necessary, he seems to get the message.

"Okay... Hey, are you okay?" He asks suddenly while looking at my eyes, I don't get why everyone keeps asking me that.

"Of course." I softly reply with a faint smile.

"Andy, are you busy today?" Luca asked.

"I have a few documents I need to sign with a new business we are partnering with but other than that? Not really... Why?"