𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎

This book is being rewritten under a new title "Silently Drowning", although nothing is happening to this book or the series that goes with it, I do suggest reading the rewritten version.

Alessia Ferrari

"You got lucky Alessia." I wouldn't call it luck. More like a nightmare that I'd prefer to wake up from. Something tells me this is very real though and no matter how hard I close my eyes or pinch my fingers I will be stuck sitting on this bed staring at some women in a lab coat - of whom I still don't know the name of, maybe she told me but I was too busy spiraling down the thoughts of 'oh shit how much do they know?'

Maybe I didn't think this through.

I don't regret trying to take my life, I regret failing, and maybe I regret hurting Manny. He's sensitive anyway, I know this, not that there's anything wrong with that, I actually love it when men are capable of putting aside society's expectations and show how they actually feel.

It's actually a sad reality, so many men deem natural things such as crying as 'weak', I actually think the strongest thing you can do is show emotions, it's far too easy to just shut everything off.

"-So now that we got that out of the way I need to let Mr. Ferrari in before we can continue this conversation." It was then that I realized how I was once again so lost in thought that I didn't even realize she was speaking.

"Wait, why?" I question, still trying to let my brain clear from the fog that overtook it just an hour prior.

"You are still a minor and I legally can not go over a treatment plan without your guardian present or consent from your guardian to continue. I was informed that your guardian is now your grandfather so he needs to be in the room before we can continue."

I let out a long sigh before speaking again. "Alright." I say dramatically.

I don't want to have to see the look of disappointment swirl in my Nonno's eyes.

It only took a few seconds before the doctor emerged through the door with my grandfather trailing behind her.

"Can we please get the room to ourselves?" The doctor asks Manny who is still laying his head on my shoulder.

"He stays." I reply sternly as I reassuringly grip my best friend's hand.

I know it may be confusing as to why I'm reassuring him and not the other way around. In the end, he would have been the one most hurt if I would have succeeded, it's not like I'd grieve myself, I didn't feel anything while unconscious while Manny felt just about every emotion you can think of given the situation.