Chapter 38

"Hold up everyone, Axle's getting a video call from Beast," Priest informs the others.

Axle answers the call, only to be met with a live feed of Charlie in a dingy room.

"Axle, you disappoint me, brother." "I thought you would've found me by now." Beast smirked, trying to get under Axle's skin. "Maybe he doesn't love you as much as you think," Beast chuckled, looking at Charlie.

"I swear to God, I'm going to kill you in the worst possible way," Axle threatened through gritted teeth. "You can't kill what you can't find," Beast goaded, pulling Charlie up from the bed.

Axle could see Charlie visibly shaking - she was scared. "I love you, baby." "Hang in there, I'm coming." He yelled, ensuring she heard him. With tape over her mouth, she couldn't smile, but her eyes told him that she loved him, too.

Beast hoists Charlie up, tying her arms with a heavy rope before swinging the rope over the ceiling fan. She's now standing up with her arms above her head with her feet barely grazing the floor. He began circling her slowly with a sinister grin on his face.

"Axle, she really is beautiful."

"You fucking touch her, I'll kill you!" He screamed, causing glares from passersby and customers. Priest squeezed Axle's forearm to calm him before they started attracting unwanted attention.

Priest spoke through the comms. "Spook, you need to find her now." His voice alerted everyone that something was seriously wrong. "On it.

"Just let Charlie go, your problem is with me, not her," Axle pleaded. Beast shrugged. "Where would the fun be in that?"

Beast flicked the switch blade he had hidden behind his back. Charlie's breathing was becoming labored. Suddenly, Beast ripped her shirt off and threw it across the room.

"Spook, you need to fucking hurry," Priest repeated with more urgency in his voice.

Axle watched as Beast glided the blade down her nearly naked body. When the blade slightly crossed her stomach, Axle tensed knowing Charlie was pregnant - that was his baby inside her.

Axle got abruptly and started running towards the casino. "Shit," Priest mumbled underneath his breath chasing after him. "Axle, stop running, you're on video call, he'll recognize the area," Capone alerted to no avail.

Axle's feet kept peddling onward. By now, he didn't care about the element of surprise being compromised, he was out for blood. One way or another, Beast was going to die.

"You did find me." Beast laughed hysterically. "Tag you're it." Was his final words before ending the call.

"Spook, where is she?!" Priest huffed, still trailing behind Axle.

Spook continued to move the bugs around the first floor. Once the high rollers' rooms were cleared, he began moving to the first floor guest rooms. "Check the two rooms closest to the exit," Hawk reminded him.

After clearing the right side, he moved one of the bugs to the room across. It didn't take long for them to see Charlie hanging from the ceiling fan.

"Axle, first floor, northeast corner, room number 235," Spook blurted quickly.

Before Axle could reach the side door, Priest tackled him to the ground. "What the fuck, Priest?!" He screamed, pushing his friend off him. "You can't just bust in there with no plan." "Beast has armed men inside and we don't even know how many."

Axle was trying to catch his breath. "She's...I have...," He stuttered, struggling to get his words out. "I get it man, I do." "I want to rescue Charlie, too, but let us help you get there alive." Priest groaned.