Chapter 34

Charlie began stirring in the bed as her eyes fluttered rapidly. She was still unconscious from the sedative. "You took a risk with that bomb, not knowing if she was going to be killed," Stacy began, "Not that it's a deal breaker." Shrugging her shoulders.

Beast rolled his eyes. "It was a calculated risk, but I need her alive." "No point in killing her if Axle can't watch me do it." Beast knew he was running out of time. Once Bianchi and the LOH were taken out, and the Skulls took the money from the account, Beast had no moves to make.

This was his hail Mary, the last stand. Beast knew his survival rate was decreasing by the minute. He figured, if he was going to die, he'd make sure to cause Axle as much pain as he could beforehand.

Stacy crouched down against the bed frame. She grazed her fingers through Charlie's hair. "I honestly don't understand what he sees in you." "Once you're out of the way, I'll have my chance." "I'll make Axle fall in-love with me." Stacy mumbled.

"How can you be so sure Axle will find you here? Stacy asked, standing back up. Beast was staring out the window. He let out a chuckle. "Well, if little miss brunette over there did her job right, then he'll know exactly where to find me."

Beast was not going to run or hide anymore. He wanted to confront Axle face-to-face. All he had to do was wait for Axle to connect the pieces together and find him. He turned around facing Stacy.

"Do you really think he'll fall in-love with you after she's gone?" He asked, his brows raised. Stacy leaned against the window frame. "I know you think I'm crazy, wondering why I'm doing all this."

"Well, darling, I've been around you a long time and have witnessed your relationship with Axle, but..."

"Don't...I don't need your pity nor understanding." "I know he would've loved me given enough time." Stacy reiterated, almost like she was trying to convince herself.

"Darling, it's been two years." "Ice proposed to Harper after a year, Bas made Piper his ol'lady after six months, and..."

"Shut up!" Stacy cut him off, covering her ears with her hands. She didn't want to hear anymore. "He will love me!" "I am worthy of his love!" She shouted, with her eyes glistening with tears.

Beast held up his hands in surrender. "Whatever you say, darling." Stacy walked outside to get some air. Beast honestly didn't care about her feelings or why she was doing all this.

After he makes Axle watch him kill Charlie, his plan is to eliminate Axle, too. And if it comes down to it, Beast will have no problem killing Stacy if she gets in the way.

*******

Axle was pacing in circles in the lobby of the hospital. "I'm sorry, sir, we checked with both Cedar Sinai and Reno General, no Charlene Rhodes had been admitted." The nurse from the front desk informed him.

"Ahhhhhh!" Axle let out a gut-wrenching scream. He collapsed on a chair and buried his face in his hands. Capone sat next to him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"He took her, I know it." Axle sniffled. "We'll find her, don't worry." Capone assured him while sending a text to Priest letting him know. "I gotta get out of here." Axle abruptly stood up and ran out of the front door.

He hopped on his bike and sped out of the parking lot. "Axle!" Capone yelled after him.

Meanwhile, back at Plush, Priest was gathering more clues about what happened. He just read the text message from Capone and let out a sigh. "Charlie's missing."

The others looked at him confused. "Wait...how?" "Axle saw her in the ambulance." Tank recalled, pacing around.

"Ambulance never made it to St. Dominic's or any other hospital." Priest added. "Jesus Christ, the bombing was a diversion to kidnap Charlie," The Unholy realized, "Why would Beast go through all this?" "I mean..."